Jet Linx Aviation, Omaha

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jet linx Trash Company

Yes it is stupid for Jet Linx to do that, but that is what they did to themselves. They made their bed, they can sleep in it. If it happens to be advantageous for pilots to take advantage of, fine. But as a matter of economics, look at it this way:
Jet Linx pays new hire FO's $36,000 a year. Add the type rating and that is about $50,000.

That is what my company pays a new FO, and they must come typed already.

So really, a guy is paying for his own type rating. I know a lot of people don't like the idea of paying for your own type, but it is getting a lot harder to find good jobs without one.

With management/owners that currently exists at Jet Linx, nothing will change. So why not let some pilots with low time use it to get ahead?

As for Pilot754, I hope that he decides on a new career before he kills someone. I also hope that the morons at Jet Linx can weed him out, but I don't think that is likely. They do hire good pilots, but they also don't hesitate to hire guys with no talent.
Jet Linx Aviation is nothing more than a low rent 134.5 bottom feeder with bad management.I think a collage graduate with no aviation experience could do a better job at running the comany.They have alot of high paid managers who sit around and do nothing or put themselves on the best trips in their better aircraft.The company needs a major change of command to turn it around.

We don't want them to turn around

I feel fine with Jet Linx never fixing their problems. I would rather see them go away. Then let the 20 managers explain in their next job interview why with one manager per pilot, they couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper sack.

Tolipwen

I feel fine with Jet Linx never fixing their problems. I would rather see them go away. Then let the 20 managers explain in their next job interview why with one manager per pilot, they couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper sack.
I would have to agree with your comments.

Senior Captain Quits

I heard one of the best captains Jet Linx Aviation had just put in his two weeks notice.This is a major hit on the company as captains are concerned,but I'am sure they will find some low time flight instructor to fill his position.The company is really starting to scare me on the experience level and safety of their pilots.How can they have the second in command pilots log pilot in command time when they are not pilot in command current after six months?

Last edited:
More new hires on the way!

With the best qualified pilots quiting for alot better jobs.Jet Linx Aviation has to hire who ever they can find to fill the vacant positions.The safety of the company is compromised with the departure of the more experienced captains and more will be leaving soon.I would not want to have the responsibility of the director of operations or chief pilot in this bad situation.Line guys rule!

Last edited:
The return of Wang

The training at Jet Linx Aviation is subpar at best.They put you through a computer training course that takes around sixty hours to finish.Most of the pilots use the memorize dump method without learning any valuable information about company procedures,operation manual,etc.I heard the Lincoln Nebraska FAA was trying to make them improve their training program.They should go back to a week of ground school on all new hires and a four day recurrent for all the other pilots.The management needs to evaluate themselves,instead of the pilots who are making all the money for the company.Fly alot more Sushi

sushi flying

I may be interested in flying sushi. I am very qualified. I would also like to see g-force hired so we can teach him how to fly for a living and actually keep a job. By the time I am done with him he will be able to fly across the atlantic just like I did in may 1927. Then he should not be harrassed on here so much and he will have better things to talk about.

sushi flying

I may be interested in flying sushi. I am very qualified. I would also like to see g-force hired so we can teach him how to fly for a living and actually keep a job. By the time I am done with him he will be able to fly across the atlantic just like I did in may 1927. Then he should not be harrassed on here so much and he will have better things to talk about.

sushi flying

sorry about the multiple posts. my computer isn't as smart as I am.

Latest resources

Back