• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Fuel Prices WILL Be Climbing A LOT, and Soon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It doesn't really matter how much money you shove into energy or metals funds. It doesn't matter how many billions of dollars that guy makes. If the economy and stock market utterly "collapse" as some like to predict and the world is in chaos due to lack of oil, the only things that are going to matter are:

How much food and water you have for yourself,
How much ammunition you have for your guns to protect it. :uzi:

Those will be the new "currency" in this supposed new world. :laugh:

I can't understand the mindset of buying any type of fund, metal, or currency if you actually believe the stock market and economy are going to collapse. It will all be worthless.

Sedition in play at FI

These are the best peak oil introduction videos I've ever seen both from ABC Australia. This topic will never be given the proper attention in the U.S. because it has been given the gag order....

This is an ABC Australia video that is 13 minutes long and introduces peak oil very well.
Here is the link:
http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle13112.htm

Below is a GREAT peak oil documentary from ABC Australia. It has several segments, so watch 'em all. There are also interviews with several experts including the author of the U.S. Govt. DOE STUDY ON PEAK OIL, who is very scared for our future:
http://abc.net.au/4corners/special_eds/20060710/

These are all about how peak oil is related to what is going on in the world especially with the "War on Terror"(ALL of them are 10 minutes) They're very high budget and well done:
The Oil Factor
The Oil Factor 2
The Oil Factor 3
The Oil Factor 4
The Oil Factor 5
The Oil Factor 6
The Oil Factor 7
The Oil Factor 8
The Oil Factor 9

Hope you learn something...
Jet

Wow AbuHaQ posted all your oil Factor links.

Sounds like your a sympathizer and overall anti-American.

Nighty Nite keep your burqa tight.

John Doe and C77,

Jim Kunstler calls peak oil the "Long Emergency". The problems start out very, very small and build up more and more, year over year. At first the shortages will be taken care of by moderate price rises.

Then those moderate price rises will become larger as every alternative imaginable is starting to have money thrown at them.

Then economies will start to slowly contract and 1970's oil embargo style living might be the norm for a year or two. Then it will get worse than that.

I think there's plenty of time to make a lot of money, and I pray things don't get too out of control. We'll get through this as long as the nukes don't start getting thrown...

We're going to get to watch it hopefully slow mo style.

Hopefully the tensions between countries for oil will take a long time to develop and the wars stay small at first. I'm sure they'll escalate between major countries wanting their piece of the pie.

So Dec. 12, 2012 could be a good timeline for TSHTF with the big bombs flying.................:bomb: :angryfire :uzi: :smash: Pray it aint so! :)

Last edited:
A great short article pointing out several of the geopolitical tensions occuring right now from peak oil.

He also talks about why commodities are the best investment to be in as we enter a world of many more wars. He shows how commodities did during war times of the past and how what has already happened with the CRB commodities index reaching new highs being very small in reality.....

http://www.321energy.com/editorials/saxena/saxena030107.html

There is no doubt in my mind that the US is extremely interested in Iran’s oil and the ongoing “War on Terror” is really about dominating the resources in the Middle-East. You must understand that the US is highly dependent on foreign oil (it imports 13.8 million barrels of oil daily) and with China and India now using up more oil than ever before, the US is using its military prowess to secure its future energy supplies. It is interesting to note that Iran is the 6th biggest oil exporter and ships out 2.39 million barrels of oil per day (Figure 2)... So, you can see why the US is so interested in bringing about a regime change!

At present, the financial markets have not factored in a military conflict in the Middle-East, making them especially vulnerable to turmoil. Therefore, if there is an attack on Iran, we may get sharp knee-jerk reactions in the capital markets. ......
However, if Iran decides to stop its exports and disrupt the flow of oil through the Straits of Hormuz, the price of oil could easily reach $100 per barrel. This outcome would be a catastrophe for the energy-dependent global economy.

Our planet is rapidly approaching its oil-production peak. In fact, some leading geologists argue that we are already past that point.

So, you can see that our world faces an imminent energy crisis which may cause an escalation of resource wars over the coming years. Normally, I do not like to make bold forecasts but I can say with confidence that the era of cheap oil is over. Moreover, I also suspect that things will get a lot worse on the geo-political front before we return to a period of world-peace.

Fun times ahead.... Dangit and my daughter is due in June! I wish she could have entered this world at a better more peaceful time....

Jet

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter how much money you shove into energy or metals funds. It doesn't matter how many billions of dollars that guy makes. If the economy and stock market utterly "collapse" as some like to predict and the world is in chaos due to lack of oil, the only things that are going to matter are:

How much food and water you have for yourself,
How much ammunition you have for your guns to protect it. :uzi:

Those will be the new "currency" in this supposed new world. :laugh:

I can't understand the mindset of buying any type of fund, metal, or currency if you actually believe the stock market and economy are going to collapse. It will all be worthless.

Within the peak oil community there is quite a debate going on between the optimists and the doomers. The doomers are the guys buying guns, ammo, and gold coins. They believe that we are going back the stone age, that our technology will not be sustainable without oil. The optimists, which include jetflyer, myself, and others on this site believe that while we will face some huge economic and social problems, things will work themselves out and the human race will continue to advance.

Peak oil is not all bad. In twenty years you will probably be living better and in a healthier environment then you do today. It's possible that if you do not solve the liquid fuel problem you will not be flying airplanes as they exist today, but many new exciting fields will be opened up the increasing investment in alternative energy, conservation, and sustainable communities.

The important thing is that the people and government recognize that the current path we are on is a dead end road. We need to get out of Iraq and the Middle East and start spending that money domestically. We need to wean ourselves off of foreign energy sources. If we don't do it voluntarily it will be forced on us and that will be much more painful.

Peak oil is something that all pilots should investigate, as it directly affects their profession. The people talking about peak oil are not crack-pots. The government freely publishes the information. The reports of oil field declines are published by the press. The information is out there, I would strongly suggest reading the Hirsch report: http://www.netl.doe.gov/publications/others/pdf/Oil_Peaking_NETL.pdf

Last edited:
There is a good article in ALPA magazine. The united states has the largest reserves of COAL in the world. By converting coal to a form of gasoline, which can be used in airplanes and cars, we could continue at current consumption for hundreds of years. South Africa did this for many years while the UN was blocking their trade and not allowing them to buy oil. It is just a matter of building the infrastructure to convert it. And to get the oil from shale and sand pits in the us and canada wind power, hydroelectric ad solar power could be used. The reason we are using sweet crude is because it is cheapest and the current infrastructure is set up for it. When it looks like the end of cheap sweet crude is here just watch business and the government start to make the switch to alternative fuels. I saw a great show on NOVA about a fuel which is created by the volcanic vents on the ocean floor which could easily be converted into fuel for our society. Sweet crude as we know it is not the only thing which will keep us moving.

Penn and Teller did a great show on how much money is made off the population by scaring the crap out of it. From gas masks, emergency kids, movies and tv shows, and drugs for the psychological problems. Don't even get me started about the media!

Latest resources

Back