• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Fuel Prices WILL Be Climbing A LOT, and Soon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's all just gather around in a circle and fart in each other's faces while eating a bag of popcorn.

Hey where's that whack job "jetflyer"? Haven't seen him in a while. He must be already holed up in his bunker waiting for oil to reach $400 a barrell.

What news? You mean the discovery in the Gulf?:

"Experts claimed Tiber, in 4,132 feet of water, could increase BP's total US output from 910,000 barrels a day by 200,000 to 1.1million barrels by 2020."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/09/03/that-s-well-deep-115875-21643992/

It might be a "giant" find, but 200,000 extra barrels a day 10 years down the road doesn't get many people that excited.

Not to mention, it is 35,000 feet down.

Oil would have to be selling for over $100/bbl to be worth the extraction costs.

Hi!

I said that peak oil was here, and oil would be very expensive, unless there was some unusuall occurrence, like a global economic turndown.

The situation in the last year has only postponed the pain, which I hope has been lessoned because we will have had a year or so to develop alternatives to oil.

cliff
NBO

Hi!

I said that peak oil was here, and oil would be very expensive, unless there was some unusuall occurrence, like a global economic turndown.

Wow, what a prediction! Here I thought oil would be "very expensive" yet the world economy would keep humming along at a record pace. Silly me!

Latest resources

Back