• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Fuel Prices WILL Be Climbing A LOT, and Soon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I just read that even if we used all the natural gas currently used for electricity for our cars it would only replace 15-20% of the USA's oil usage.

This is a bummer to me. I thought it would be more.
Not the silver bullet, but a great start. It will take more electric cars, drilling, public transportation, etc. to get us to where we have to go.

We have to start somewhere.
www.pickensplan.com

Last edited:
Well I just read that even if we used all the natural gas currently used for electricity for our cars it would only replace 15-20% of the USA's oil usage.

This is a bummer to me. I thought it would be more.
Not the silver bullet, but a great start. It will take more electric cars, drilling, public transportation, etc. to get us to where we have to go.

We have to start somewhere.
www.pickensplan.com

Do you have an electric car? If not, you're like the preachers and congressman, constantly berating the rest of us to "do something" while you cavort with your whores and money. (and yes I do drive an electric car but you dont see me on here preaching to the people)

So it has nothing to do with the dollar or supply?

The worthlessness of the dollar (thanks, GWB) and supply concerns have definitely justified an increase in the price of oil, but not the $100+ levels. Those prices are only there because of rabid speculators. Oil should be in the $60-$80 range, at most.

I hope you're right about domestic stocks....I'm fully invested and ready for the pop....are you?

Yep, my money is mostly in domestic stocks. I'm ready to reap the benefits of a popping oil bubble. Lots of people like jetflyer are going to suffer, though. Get out of commodities while you still can.

So oil is back to $113, the panic is over can we all please keep our jobs now.

Do you have an electric car? If not, you're like the preachers and congressman, constantly berating the rest of us to "do something" while you cavort with your whores and money. (and yes I do drive an electric car but you dont see me on here preaching to the people)

It doesn't make financial sense for me to get a new car even an electric car when I have two paid off vehicles.

When I'm spending more on gas for a paid off vehicle than it will cost me for gas and a new car payment for an electric vehicle it will make financial snese for me to get one.

No one should do anything that is not financially a smart move for themselves in this environment.

For a lot of people it's even way smarter for them to continue driving their fuel inneficient SUV's. SUV's are a great way for large families to move their family around without having to drive two vehicles which saves them money.

Jet

Last edited:
Yep, my money is mostly in domestic stocks. I'm ready to reap the benefits of a popping oil bubble. Lots of people like jetflyer are going to suffer, though. Get out of commodities while you still can.

I think you may be right about most commodities which is why I'm only invested in precious metal and energy investments.

I think precious metals and energy are approaching major bottoms right now though and a new run up will ensue in the next few months.

Here's a good article just out today about how NOW is also the time to buy precious metal mutual funds/stocks:
Precious Metals Stocks Major Buy Alert... Clive Maund

Those that buy precious metal stocks and mutual funds or energy stocks and mutual funds now will be greatly rewarded.

Jet

It doesn't make financial sense for me to get a new car even an electric car when I have two paid off vehicles.

When I'm spending more on gas for a paid off vehicle than it will cost me for gas and a new car payment for an electric vehicle it will make financial snese for me to get one.

No one should do anything that is not financially a smart move for themselves in this environment.

For a lot of people it's even way smarter for them to continue driving their fuel inneficient SUV's. SUV's are a great way for large families to move their family around without having to drive two vehicles which saves them money.

Jet

You are the biggest hypocrite that I have run across in a long time. Just like every other doom and gloomer or televangelist, its always "do as I say, not as I do" You need to either put up or shut up. Speaking of shutting up, I see oil prices are on their way down..............so go back into the woods and plan your next doomsday scenario.

How's that Major precious metal buy alert doing? lol

I'll be completely honest and admit I have no clue how these markets operate. It's violent at a ridiculous level. Huge upswings, huge downswings. Banks coming apart with the government promising to print god knows how much money in backing them and yet the dollar gains? I smell major manipulation and it's not coming from your average joe investor.

In the short term who knows what the hell is going on. I don't. Long term though energy costs will rise based on current supplies. I don't think anyone short of PCL believes that more people using the same(or less) amount of oil = lower prices over time.

It would be prudent to direct the vast bulk of our national energies towards a post-oil, self sufficient system. The sooner the better. We can go out and meet the challenge or we can bury our heads in the sand until it's too late. What happened this summer was a major warning.

stenium_url = location.href; stenium_title = document.title; stenium_style = 'classic'; stenium_widgets = 'share,email,print,bookmark'; stenium_layout = '0';var addthis_pub = 'mrbambastik';
plus.gif
Oil Dashboard
September, Monday 15 2008 - 15:38:24
Crude Oil $95.30
▼0.41 0.43% 15:38 PM EDT - 2008.09.15
[SIZE=-2]Crude Oil Price by OIL-PRICE.NET © [/SIZE]PriceChangeTradesVolume [SIZE=+1]15:38 - $ 95.30 [/SIZE]
down.gif
0.41 0.43%
down.gif
112,433 302,489 RangeOpen52 Wk Range1 Year Forecast94.13 - 101.1996.9690.05 - 146.50[SIZE=+1]$110 / Barrel[/SIZE]

Latest resources

Back