• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Fuel Prices WILL Be Climbing A LOT, and Soon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How's the hands off approach doing for us? Or the market will take care of itself mindset?

Are we in a recession yet? I wish it would happen already so we can get it over with... Geezh.

The Dow was over 14,000 and now it is below 11000 with record unemployment. We have a banking sector that has managed to look worse than the airline industry.

But we are not in a "recession" yet.

When McCain/Bush get on tv and say the market is fundamentally sound I just want to choke and shake them.

Last time the market dropped 500 was during Reagan, but all we have to fear is fear itself.

They need some colors and a terror level chart for the god dam economy. We have been at condition "orange", but I think we hit "red" today.

Last edited:
I was wondering where in the "Constitution" was income level a inalienable right? Government is the problem, not the solution.

Jetflyer, why aren't you up here on this thread preaching all the gloom and doom that you always do? I could use some entertainment this evening.

I think you may be right about most commodities which is why I'm only invested in precious metal and energy investments.

I think precious metals and energy are approaching major bottoms right now though and a new run up will ensue in the next few months.

Here's a good article just out today about how NOW is also the time to buy precious metal mutual funds/stocks:
Precious Metals Stocks Major Buy Alert... Clive Maund

Those that buy precious metal stocks and mutual funds or energy stocks and mutual funds now will be greatly rewarded.

Jet

How's the portfolio looking these days?

These stocks were a good buy at their peak a couple of years ago, but I wouldn't touch them now.

I was wondering when someone was going to trot this thread out again. Thanks for the laugh.

In a couple of years we'll have to repost the Obama threads and see who was right about that subject.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back