• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Fuel Prices WILL Be Climbing A LOT, and Soon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When (I think we will pay for carbon soon), they start taxing carbon (CO2) it will damage commercial aviation. For every pound of jet fuel you burn, you create 3.15 pounds of carbon dioxide. You produce tons of carbon dioxide on every flight.

CO2 and Methane are now classified as greenhouse gasses. If thetax them, we are all going to be in trouble. We all exhale, out of both ends....

I guess I wasn't quick enough....it's gone, and when I search on the title, all I can find is the 2 min. trailer.

Arghhh, yea I'm pissed. I only got to watch the first half before my flight home. I just tried to watch the second half and it was gone :(

I did just find another peak oil documentary "Crude Impact". It's in pieces though but looks great.
Here are the links:
CRUDE IMPACT PART 1/9
CRUDE IMPACT PART 2/9
CRUDE IMPACT PART 3/9
CRUDE IMPACT PART 4/9
CRUDE IMPACT PART 5/9
CRUDE IMPACT PART 6/9
CRUDE IMPACT PART 7/9
CRUDE IMPACT PART 8/9
CRUDE IMPACT PART 9/9

Here is a description. Look at all the awards:
Crude Impact is an award-winning documentary film which Chris Vernon of TheOilDrum.com called " a terrific film... the best documentary I have seen on the subject." This feature film explores the interconnection between human domination of the planet, and the discovery and use of oil.

Crude Impact was awarded the Best Environmental Feature Film at the 3rd Annual Artivist Film Festival in Los Angeles.

Crude Impact was also awarded the Social Justice Award at the 22nd Annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival.

Crude Impact was nominated for three awards at the Sacramento International Film Festival - Best Documentary, Best Editing, and Best Environmental Film.
The film has also been nominated for Best World Popular Scientific Film at the 42nd International Popular Scientific and Documentary Film Festival in Olomouc.

The film was an official selection of the prestigious International Documentary Film Festival in Amsterdam.

The objective of the film is to promote positive, hopeful change in the way we source and use energy. Changes that will create a more just and sustainable world.

Featured Speaker: Tundi Agardy, Guy Caruso, Cindy Cohn, Julian Darley, Ken Deffeyes, Steve Donziger,Emeka Duruigbo, Michael Economides, Christopher Flavin, Amy Goodman, Thom Hartmann, Richard Heinberg, Terry Lynn Karl, Santiago Kawarim, Michael Klare, Evon Peter, Kavita Ramdas, William Rees, Matthew Simmons, Bill Twist, Lynne Twist.
Looks good. Too bad I'm going to play golf now. It will probably be gone by the time I get back!

WATCH QUICK!

Jet

Last edited:
I watched the first video, the last minute is amazing. It wont be too much longer when we look back at the trendy, politically correct, struggles of impoverished nations like Darfur as the "good old days". This planet cannot support the exponetial population growth we've seen in the last 100 years. I could care less what we have in the "strategic petroleum reserve", or what gas prices are today, we are consuming a finite resource.

Last edited:

The entire article is a must read if you want to have an idea what the future will most likely look like.

Ali Samsam Bakhtiari, a retired director of the National IRANIAN Oil Co. says 2006 was the year of "Peak Oil" and classifies the hard times into 4 different transition periods.

Transition period 1 (T1) will last until 2010 and will be in Bakhtiari's view
where worldwide oil supplies will remain almost constant during this initial phase. New discoveries and production that is now coming on line will just about compensate for the production that is lost due to depletion.

But T2, T3, and T4 will be, as Bakhtiari puts it, "more turbulent phases."
After some 147 years of almost uninterrupted supply growth to a record output of some 81-82 million barrels/day [mb/d] in the summer of 2006, crude oil production has since entered its irreversible decline. This exceptional reversal alters the energy supply equation upon which life on our planet is based. It will come to place pressure upon the use of all other sources of energy -- be it natural gas, coal, nuclear power, and all types of sundry renewables, especially biofuels. It will eventually come to affect everything else under the sun."
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"T1 has a very benign gradient of decline, and it will take months before one notices it at all. But T2 will be far steeper...My World Oil Production Capacity model has predicted that over the next 14 years, present global production of 82 million barrels per day will decrease by roughly 32%, down to around 55 million barrels per day by the year 2020."[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
...I seriously believe that the peaking of the global production of crude oil -- commonly know as 'Peak Oil' -- has occurred in 2006 and will be 'The Event' bound to dominate the history of the 21st century: one of those 'historical inflection points,' which abruptly change fundamentals in the course of world history. I cannot foresee any other event coming to eclipse Peak Oil, not even the world wars which might be unleashed in the Peak's aftermath and further fueled by widespread resource scarcity....
"In 'Post Peak,' all of our systems of habits are in mortal danger. Due to the relative cheapness of crude oil (in relation to other, more expensive daily needs), people don't exactly realize the pivotal role played by its products in their daily routines -- as these products have invaded every nook and cranny of our modern life. It is only when the brakes will be pulled (as they inevitably will have to be) that the general public will come to gradually realize the critical importance of 'black gold'
Thus, at present, the global masses seem totally unprepared for the two shocks which will inevitably occur in 'Post Peak.
Dr. Bakhtiari believes that almost all of what are considered to be major current trends of humanity will be altered by Peak Oil.

We're still in T1 where oil production is declining VERY slowly. The declines will accelerate in the next few years and this is when things will have to change more quickly.

Knowing this, I'm shocked the Bush administration hasn't invaded Iran yet......

Jet

Export Land Model in action:

Mexico’s oil exports dropped at an annual rate of about 16%

http://www.reuters.com/article/econo...39326520070503
Mexico's Pemex posts 1st-qtr net loss
Pemex's (first quarter) oil exports also dipped to an average of 1.711 million barrels per day from 2.003 million bpd in the year-ago period as declining yields at Mexico's Cantarell field pulled oil output down to 3.158 million bpd from 3.345 million.
So Mexico's oil production, now that Mexico has just recently passed its peak oil, went down only 6% year over year but their oil exports went down by 16%.

Mexico has always been one of the USA's largest suppliers. This is changing

Mexico like many other exporting nations will not be an exporter any longer in the not too distant future.

I hope some of you can understand the significance of this on a global scale.

The U.S. is the world's largest oil importer and these oil imports are our economies achilles heel.

As the exporting nations grow richer from their exports their internal consumption of oil products goes up as their oil production continues to decline.

Therefore oil available for export goes down at a much higher rate which is very dangerous for the U.S. and other importing nations.

The U.S. is going to have to deal with declines in available exports that are much higher than the global decline rate after peak!

Price competition for these available exports is going to be fierce among importers like the U.S. and China.

Result?

Price spikes, war for this oil, or both.

This is gonna suck for importers.......
Good thing we ONLY import 2/3 of our oil :)
Jet

Last edited:
Did you know:

--One BARREL of oil provides the energy equivalent of 2 1/2 years of human labor at 40 hours/week.

--
The world has had flat oil production for almost 3 years now at about 84 million barrels a day, which is never discussed. Only demand is. In the past oil production has always risen when needed. Many are saying August 2006 was peak oil for Planet Earth.

--For every 3 barrels of oil the world uses, less than 1 is being found.

--We have not found the amount of oil we use since 1985.

--Saudi Arabia has had declining oil production since December 2005.

--OPEC has had declining oil production for 3 years in a row.

--Refiineries are producing more gasoline this year than they did last year.

--Refineries are refining more oil than this time last year.

--Gasoline imports are down signifcantly from last year.

To see the charts of gasoline stocks, crude stocks, refinery outputs, imports etc. see:
http://www.theoildrum.com/node/2517

--Light sweet crude oil peaked in 2004 and heavy sour oil is being used more which U.S. refineries aren't easily able to use. It is dangerous to refine when the refineries aren't made to use it and fires and explosions are the result.

--Mexico's Cantarell field declined from 2.0 to 1.5 mbd in a little over a year.

--Yes we need to drill in Alaska, but it will only produce 5% of the U.S.'s oil for 20 years.

--It has been proven that Kuwait lied about their oil reserves and only has 48 billion barrels and not 99 billion barrels of oil.

--Canadian oil sands produced at a crash program rate will only increase 2.5 million barrels by 2016.

--11 out of 20 experts consulted for the recent U.S. Government Accountability Office Study said Peak Oil is NOW.

--T. Boone Pickes who runs the best performing Hedge fund in 2005 BPCapital which invests in energy says Peak Oil is now.

--George Soros, billionaire, says peak oil is now.

--Al Gore thinks we're at peak oil now. Is he really worried about Global Warming or peak oil?

--Texas Billionaire, Rainwater says peak oil is now and that it will be the investment opportunity of our lifetime.

To hear Economist and investor Jim Puplava on his radio show "Financial Sense News Hour" talk about the lastest on the peak oil front while you surf the web in a show called:
"Crude Realities Part 1" pick an audio format:
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]RealPlayer | WinAmp | Windows Media l mp3

"Crude Realities Part 2" pick an audio format:
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]RealPlayer | WinAmp | Windows Media l mp3

To protect your investments and to make me feel like I can make a difference in this world become informed.

Thank you,
Jet
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Did you know Al Gore thinks we're at Peak Oil NOW and that oil prices are going to continue to rise.

He said so on the "Larry King Live" show.

Here is a link to the discussion:
http://www.energybulletin.net/17142.html

Also you must LISTEN to Al Gore talk about how we're at peak oil in 2005 in a Q&A townhall meeting. It's only 3 1/2 minutes long:

Here is the link to the audio of Al Gore talking about peak oil: http://globalpublicmedia.com/interviews/747

He says in the interview above the oil price rises in 2005 to $54/barrel are just the beginning.

He says we've gone to war in the middle east for oil.

He says Global Warming and Peak Oil are very connected.

Is Al Gore worried about GW or really the coming energy crisis from Peak Oil?

The solution is the same for both........

Makes you wonder doesn't it!?

I think you GW worriers are worried about the wrong thing! Your job is OK if the Earth heats up. If peak oil is now, your job is in jeopardy NOW.

Jet

Last edited:
Saudi Arabia continues to cut their oil production month by month.

They say it is voluntary, but they've been cutting month by month since 2005 and only flattening when new gigantic oil projects were brought online!

Saudi Arabia is past its peak oil!
Saudi Aramco to Reduce Arab Light Oil Exports to Asia in June

Saudi Aramco, the world's largest state oil company, will cut Arab Light crude oil exports to Asia for the first time in at least three months as part of an overall supply reduction to the region. The Dhahran, Saudi Arabia-based oil producer will lower shipments starting in June, said three refinery officials who received notices and asked not to be identified because of confidentiality agreements. The producer has been reducing Arab Medium and Arab Heavy sales by between 9 percent and 10 percent of total contracted volumes.
Saudi Arabia is lowering exports to comply with 1.7 million-barrel-a-day production cuts agreed last year by the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries....
It's the eighth month that Saudi Aramco has reduced exports to Asia.
Analysis by a gentleman at the oildrum blog:

The world is calling on OPEC to increase production because of the expected summer crunch. But OPEC says they will do nothing until they meet in September, then decide.
Yet in the meantime Saudi continues to cut, piecemeal style, a little bit almost every month since their peak in the summer of 2005.
February production of the original OPEC-11, was down 1.950 million barrels per day since their peak in September of 2005. Yet Saudi continues to cut...and cut....and cut. But of course all these continued tiny cuts are all voluntary! Right Robert?
Will they be able to increase in the future? Let's freekin' hope so!!!!!

If you haven't read the studies by the oildrum blog that Saudi is past peak here they are:
Saudi is past their peak part 1
Saudi is past their peak Part 2

Jet

Latest resources

Back