Jet Blue Time...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sunchaser

Hey do any of you jet blue guys know if the 1000 PIC is a hard number or is it graded on a curve with all your other time? I am just short on the PIC but have triple everthing else... Thanks

Sunchaser,

The PIC is the minimum, and it is a hard number. Sorry, I know it is not the answer you wanted. Even a Blue Dart has to meet the minumum quals.

"Sign for..."

I think the confusion with this application is the use of the phrase "sign for" as it relates to PIC. I personally signed a form when I took a primary student out for a lesson in a C172 and added 1.0 PIC to my book. Is this what JetBlue is looking for? I was under the assumption that "sign for" means signing the dispatch release as Captain for (in my case) a 121 carrier. Geez, if they count PIC in the Skyhawk, I'm golden!

MM

Mesabi Miner said:
I think the confusion with this application is the use of the phrase "sign for" as it relates to PIC. I personally signed a form when I took a primary student out for a lesson in a C172 and added 1.0 PIC to my book. Is this what JetBlue is looking for? I was under the assumption that "sign for" means signing the dispatch release as Captain for (in my case) a 121 carrier. Geez, if they count PIC in the Skyhawk, I'm golden!

MM

"Sign for" simply means you had the final say as to the operation of the airplane. Doesn't matter what kind of airplane for the TOTAL PIC time. This is meant to weed out the F/Os flying from the right seat for 10 years using this time because they were typed and sole manipulator of the controls. That's all there is to it. If you don't fall into that category, your time should be OK.

For the PIC JET time, needless to say, it must be in a jet, etc.

DW

I didn't see 1000 hrs JET time on their requirements. All I saw was the 1000 PIC, and 1000 in something over 20,000, or TP over 12.5.

I didn't see 1000 hrs JET time on their requirements. All I saw was the 1000 PIC, and 1000 in something over 20,000, or TP over 12.5.

Actually its anything over 20,000 or jet over 12,500. In other words, anyone but BE-1900 pilots can apply.

Thanks DW, that clears it up.

MM

smokey999 said:

Smokey,

True that is not a minimum, but I believe it is part of the application. It's been a while since I filled it out, but I believe there is a field for both:

PIC TOTAL ____________.
PIC JET_______________.

All PIC should be when you had final authority as to the operation of the entire trip.

DW

What I dont get....

...is why there is a spot for PIC JET. Well, I understand why they would put it there, but reading the FO mins off the website:

• 1500 hours total time in airplanes (excluded: Helicopter, Simulator, Flight Engineer time)
• 1000 hours turbine in airplanes
• 1000 hours Pilot in Command Time*
• 1000 hours in airplanes at or above 20,000 pounds (maximum takeoff weight) or 1000 hours in large turbojet airplanes (12,500 lbs or above)

(* means you signed the paperwork as Capt.)

It says 1000 PIC (in a 152?) and 1000 in a turbine a/c weighing....more than a B1900. Not necessarily together though.

So if I have 1400 PIC piston time in a single pilot 135 op where I signed the manifest every flight and 1000 as an FO in an RJ, I qualify? Not that those numbers would even be near competitive, but just curious if my interpretation of the MINs is correct.

Just curious if I could even send my paperwork in, but I realize that there are guys with a million ours of heavy jet PIC also applying, but hey, never hurts to put your name in the hat.

If you meet the mins, ALWAYS put your name in the hat if it's where you want to work. I put my name in the hat at Cathay. Never expected to get a call, but I have an interview next month. Don't wait!!

box

Latest resources

Back