Jet Blue Pilot Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wil said:
Hose- it's Boxster and it has been credited for turning Porsche around financially.

Thats because enough people were willing to dump 48k on a piece of chit that said Porsche on it.

It rattles and parts start to break faster than a Pontiac Fiero. Now there was a fine piece of machinery.

So Hose, you got wirewheels and curbfeelers on your Fiero? Bet that is a fine looking machine:)

Re: jetblue contract

yaks said:
If their intentions are so good, why do they need their pilots to sign an employment contract?

I think that you don't become a millionaire by being naive. David and Dave know that even in a world class organization, there is still a 10% bad apple hire factor. Yes, even pilots are included in that. There needs to be a structure around which we operate. Our contract though is about as thick as section 25 alone from my last job. That should say something.

I don't really think that I need to defend jetBlue management. Their actions speakk for themselves. We were just told that there was going to be a small token of thanks given out to all the employees of the company for the work we did during the black out. When was the last time that happened at other places.

Oops, I used to work at Allegheny and we did get a great tin of cookies from Airways. I looked forward to getting it. Then one day I opened my "cookies"..... It was a chunk of Cheddar cheese. I liked the cookies better....

jb pilot contract

There is nothing to stop them from firing the bad apples without the contract. And no you don't need to defend your employer since the position is indefensible.

As far as Delta being "late" into the LCC arena, atleast they are trying. Song was created to fight against Jetblue primarily---knowing that they had a good product. To say that Jetblue will not be affected by Song is ridiculous. Currently Jetblue attracts a lot of passengers from all around the NYC area and boroughs---but Song will have the same fares and supposedly better entertainment from all 3 NYC airports, which will make a difference. We shall see, but Delta is the only Major to really see this threat and actually do something about it that might work. When all 37 757s are up and running with the TV system (in OCT or later?? I don't know when.....)---then we shall see how it affects Jetblue and the others.......(Delta is saying that we are doing well at Song---and they are the ones with the books...)

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

Yaks,

Please read my previous post. It would cost my company a whole lot more to replace me than at many airlines. They have zero financial motivation to get rid of me. How many other places of employment is that true of?

respectfully,

JayDub

Southwest and Frontier TV Systems Coming

Watch out for Southwest if/when it installs TV systems in its airplanes in the future. I have heard that Southwest intends to "neutralize" the entertainment advantage that JetBlue provides... Frontier is also supposed to be adding TV/entertainment systems on their Airbus aircraft as well... Pretty soon, it will come down to price and frequency when all LCCs and Song have similar entertainment offerings...

Nobody wins a price war... Delta, however, can subsidize its LCC offering with international-route profits. I bet Song will grow to 70-100 757s flying around the country eventually. It will be interesting to watch...

Frontier is adding Live TV equipment (installed by Jetbue). As to Southwest, I haven't heard what their plans are.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back