Jet Blue Pilot Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JayDub,

That is great. How many other companies could you say I am not sure where my contract is, I haven't really looked for it. I carry mine everywhere, I have to. I envy you!!

Like Skirt said, I would gladly take a hand shake from someone I trusted over a legal binding agreement that I now have to be a lawyer to read, and waste MY time making sure it is followed, and if not MY time grieving it, which costs MY company money to defend it, and MY union dues to fight it. WOW, talk about a vicious circle.

AA

Last edited:
AAFlyer,

I am treated more like a person than when I was a member of a six man flight department! Yes, it'll change... one day. But, I'll always know I was a part of something special, no matter how long it lasts. That alone is worth it for me. It may not be for everyone, but that's ok too. I wish you well.

respectfully,

JayDub

jetblue contract

If their intentions are so good, why do they need their pilots to sign an employment contract?

Yak,
beacuse it's fun, and now we all have a genuine piece of David Neeleman memorabilia (his signature).

I can't go into any more detail because it's part of the free everything agreement we have with Airbus.

The following is not intended to flame any airline or car owner!!

If JetBlue is such a flash in the pan then why is Delta investing God knows how much into Song? Do you think F/A unforms designed by Kate Spade, video screens and "Songtini's" would be at Song if the competition was SWA. He!! no! They would just operate a cattle car out of NY to be on par with SWA. JB has tapped a market that has been going unnoticed by the Airlines for a long time. Why do you think the Porsche Boxster is such a hit? It carries the Porsche brand but priced to be affordable to a large segment of people who want more than a Nissan "Z" (and don't want to part with 80k for a 911). JB has a bright future ahead. Neeleman is a visionary who leads. He doesn't react to the market, the market reacts to him. That's the rant- Wil

why is Delta investing God knows how much into Song?

Because they recognize a threat when they see one... and the fact that they're LATE getting started. I think it's interesting contrasting the fate of Legend Airlines with Jet Blue. Legend had a good product that competed with American. American stomped them into the ground, and fast, by outfitting F-100's with a comparable interior & seats & service and operating them (like Legend) out of Love Field, serving the same destinations at fares that ran Legend out of money while they were still in their infancy. Of course, when Legend died, so did the AA service. (Still can't figure how they never got slammed on anti-trust grounds for that, but oh well.)

In contrast, Jet Blue arrived on the scene at a time that about everyone else was ducking for cover in the aftermath of 9/11. Nobody was able to to mount an immediate response, which gave Jet Blue time to get beyond the initial vulnerability of the start-up period. Now, Delta is mounting a response with Song, and we'll see how JB handles their first determined challenge. Not that I'm betting against JB; they have a good product, good attitudes, and lower costs than Delta.

But they also got a head start on the process that others like Legend, didn't get.

Snoopy

wil said:
The following is not intended to flame any airline or car owner!!

If JetBlue is such a flash in the pan then why is Delta investing God knows how much into Song? Do you think F/A unforms designed by Kate Spade, video screens and "Songtini's" would be at Song if the competition was SWA. He!! no! They would just operate a cattle car out of NY to be on par with SWA. JB has tapped a market that has been going unnoticed by the Airlines for a long time. Why do you think the Porsche Boxster is such a hit? It carries the Porsche brand but priced to be affordable to a large segment of people who want more than a Nissan "Z" (and don't want to part with 80k for a 911). JB has a bright future ahead. Neeleman is a visionary who leads. He doesn't react to the market, the market reacts to him. That's the rant- Wil

Keep up the ranting Wil. Sounds good to me!!!

This is a GREAT place to work. It really is fun to go to work again...

Snoopy58 said:
In contrast, Jet Blue arrived on the scene at a time that about everyone else was ducking for cover in the aftermath of 9/11. Nobody was able to to mount an immediate response, which gave Jet Blue time to get beyond the initial vulnerability of the start-up period. Now, Delta is mounting a response with Song, and we'll see how JB handles their first determined challenge. Not that I'm betting against JB; they have a good product, good attitudes, and lower costs than Delta.

But they also got a head start on the process that others like Legend, didn't get.

Snoopy

Just for the record (and NO, I'm not getting defensive!) JB started operations in February of 2000, some 20 months before 9/11. But to say that 9/11 bought us some time and certain advantages is a true statement. It also proved that we were a formitable (sp) airline and were not as vulnerable as others thought. We connected with a lot of people during that period and gained a lot of respect from our customers. Luckily, we weren't the target either like our fallen comrades at AA and UAL. Who knows (or wants to think about) what would have happened then. It still gives me goose bumps thinking about it. It's a sad state of affairs and believe me, getting success by having misfortune fall on your fellow airlines is not what JB (or anyone other airline) is all about.

But yes, it is fair to say that we got a head start. Like in a lot of things in life, it's all timing.

Hose- it's Boxster and it has been credited for turning Porsche around financially.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back