• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
32LT10 said:
I have tried to maintain civility in this topic and with B6. With comments such as this BB how would I know you, when you try to OMC on UAL? If so should I turn down all B6 pilots because of your threats?
Swell, just what we need now, jumpseat wars!
Please fellas, let's keep the js out of political affairs! Although I don't jumpseat, I know of many who do, and jumpseat wars benefit NOBODY!

32LT10 said:
I have tried to maintain civility in this topic and with B6. With comments such as this BB how would I know you, when you try to OMC on UAL? If so should I turn down all B6 pilots because of your threats?

32: I have to say that I am impressed with your tone up until the last post. Threats benefit no one and with commuting (if you do) we are all as 737 said, in the same boat. I would have to guess that this was at best a very isolated incident and should not have happened if it went down as you profess it to be the case. Maybe the Capt. of said flt did not know that there was an OAL jumpseater waiting? Maybe the CASS verification had not been done, who knows but the person in question. "Quick turns" are very fluid and I have seen misunderstandings and miscommunications happen to the best of gate agents. Provide the details as asked for and the problem can be addressed and fixed instead of all this pontificating!

Here's the bottom line:

If the OAL CASS pilot got denied the flight deck jumpseat in favor of a JB flight attendant, that was wrong. If this offended pilot contacts his jumpseat coordinator (as he/she should), then the issue will be addressed.

The jumpseat coordinators will confirm everything, and the offending JB captain will be given remedial jumpseat training. Let's let the process work.

In the meantime, on behalf of myself and my JetBlue coworkers, I offer my sincere apologies.

I Was Denied

I tried to jumpseat the other day. The gate agent didn't believe I was a pilot. She said she had just watched "Catch me if YOU Can." Then she said that she was going to make sure that every j/s er was legit. She got on the PA and was asking me questions (throughout the whole terminal)..."so...mr wanna jumpseat pilot guy....what kind of shock absorbers does a airplane have....how many cylinders does a A320 engine have???" I was terribly embarrassed but I answered all questions correctly. I was finally given the j/s...then I went to the CA and he didn't believe I was a pilot either...so he got on the PA and asked publicly, how many fan blades does a Soviet Mig 15 have? how many rivets on a 737. After answering those questions correctly...they kicked me off and I had to buy a Greyhound ticket from NY to Hawaii.Did anyone actually read this far? I hope it was as entertaining as all the other false j/s BS!!! gotta love a public forum eh?

wndshr said:
I tried to jumpseat the other day. The gate agent didn't believe I was a pilot. She said she had just watched "Catch me if YOU Can." Then she said that she was going to make sure that every j/s er was legit. She got on the PA and was asking me questions (throughout the whole terminal)..."so...mr wanna jumpseat pilot guy....what kind of shock absorbers does a airplane have....how many cylinders does a A320 engine have???" I was terribly embarrassed but I answered all questions correctly. I was finally given the j/s...then I went to the CA and he didn't believe I was a pilot either...so he got on the PA and asked publicly, how many fan blades does a Soviet Mig 15 have? how many rivets on a 737. After answering those questions correctly...they kicked me off and I had to buy a Greyhound ticket from NY to Hawaii.Did anyone actually read this far? I hope it was as entertaining as all the other false j/s BS!!! gotta love a public forum eh?

I don't know.........your story seems a little far fetched.

32LT10 said:
Go to the UAL ALPA FORUM. Select Message Sections and find the list of different sections. Now go look toward the top and you will find Hotel/Jumpseat/Crashpad. Click on this link and you will find various topics of the above. You may have to reset the message options selection for the date. Set the date to "show all messages after xxxx option. I would suggest setting it to 7/15/06 and later. The posters initials are MC and he is a regular poster and all around good guy. After you find this will you please come back here and apologize?

I've PM'd you. A question though, apologize for what?

The Pig

32LT10 said:

That's enough already. If your story is correct then an apology is owed to the person in question as well as making sure the B6 captain is aware of the cockpit jumpseat priority. On another note I have bent over backwards getting your people on MY airplane. I even delayed a flight a couple of minutes to get one of yours on. I can PM you the details if you would like.

SonicPig said:
I've PM'd you. A question though, apologize for what?

The Pig

The apology would be for claiming the post did not exist. Once you find it, if you would just acknowledge its existence that would suffice. Too many think it did not happen.

32LT10 said:
The apology would be for claiming the post did not exist. Once you find it, if you would just acknowledge its existence that would suffice. Too many think it did not happen.

32, I didn't say the post didn't exist. I said I couldn't find it, I just assumed it was in Boyles. Where 99.9% of all posts are. Lighten up man.
I have been in contact with the denied jumpseater, copied his flight info and forwarded it to our jumpseat commitee. Let them investigate and we'll all find out what happened. If I don't hear anything in a reasonable amount of time I can contact the Capt who operated the flight. For now, lets follow the established protocol.
Also 32, by reading the UA board and this one I am no longer anonomyous. If you don't mind keep that between us.
Maybe we've flown together? Ever drive a ThunderGuppy?

SonicPig said:
32, I didn't say the post didn't exist. I said I couldn't find it, I just assumed it was in Boyles. Where 99.9% of all posts are. Lighten up man.
I have been in contact with the denied jumpseater, copied his flight info and forwarded it to our jumpseat commitee. Let them investigate and we'll all find out what happened. If I don't hear anything in a reasonable amount of time I can contact the Capt who operated the flight. For now, lets follow the established protocol.
Also 32, by reading the UA board and this one I am no longer anonomyous. If you don't mind keep that between us.
Maybe we've flown together? Ever drive a ThunderGuppy?

I have flown the 200. Perhaps we did......

Your ID is secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back