Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
32lt10. If I was left at the gate for a FA getting in the COCKPIT jumpseat...yea, I would be pissed. But...If I was left at the gate because the airline I was trying to jumpseat on had one of their own bump me out of the back, or even for the FA jumpseat, I would completely understand. Please let us know what happens with it or the whole story if you find out!!

I know the pilot in question and sent him a note. He said it was the cockpit jumpseat he was denied for a flight attendant. I have flown with him in the past and he is a very good guy, ex-EAL and a long time FL commuter. He is definitely not the type of guy that would have a problem in any situation other than the cockpit jumpseat. He did say he had notified our Jumpseat guy.

Just curious, why wouldn't a commuting 'online' employee NOT have priority over an 'offline' jumpseater, FA or pilot, and in any seat?

Maybe it's just me, but I sure wouldn't expect to have priority over a commuting employee, flight deck or cabin.

Hmmm

ultrarunner said:
Just curious, why wouldn't a commuting 'online' employee NOT have priority over an 'offline' jumpseater, FA or pilot, and in any seat?

Maybe it's just me, but I sure wouldn't expect to have priority over a commuting employee, flight deck or cabin.

Hmmm

Even with 32LT's checkered reputation in the JetBlue arena..:pimp:
An offline pilot should never be bumped from a CASS Flight Deck Jumpseat for a JetBlue F/A.

Ultrarunner asks why this is the policy?... because the Flight Deck is first and foremost for pilots Online and Offline. We have a familiarization policy for flight attendants. And we like to take care of them. But it is NOT to diminish the ability to accept offline pilots.

Our pilot group has a certain percentage of people that are straight out of corporate and the military who may not entirely grasp the nuances of the jumpseat policy.

Our jumpseat coordinator will aggressively pursue any difficulties or lapses in judgement!:smash:

BLUE BAYOU said:
Hold your breath, if this started off from 32LT10, it may not even be worth addressing. We have one of the most open policies for jumpseating that even if this case was true, it is extremely isolated. I flew a flight from IAD-FLL a few weeks ago and had 8 UAL employees on going home. Just remember, the jumpseat is a priviledge not a right-- they're still my seats in the cockpit, and I'll offer it up 99.9% of the time when conditions warrant it-- just not to 32LT10...

On Sunday morning IAD to FLL I took 15 United non rev's, 2 pilots and the rest F/A's, I was more than happy to give them all a FREE ride, I do wish for the sake of my F/A's that they were able to ride on United.

Last edited:
32LT10 said:
Just read on our UAALPA forum about one of our pilots that was bumped from a B6 flight for a commuting flight attendant to sit in the cockpit. What gives? Is this really your policy? He was flying FLL- JFK, or should I say attempting to fly.

Hey 32, I just read through Boyles top to bottom and couldn't find a reference to the event you are talking about. Yes I have access.
You may have some legitimate beefs with B6 pilots, but jumpseat is not one of them. I regularly transport UAL pilots and FA's from Florida to NY and vice versa. By the way, a lot of FL commuters have their wings inverted these days. PM Bro, we may have much to converse about.

The Pig.

SonicPig said:
Hey 32, I just read through Boyles top to bottom and couldn't find a reference to the event you are talking about. Yes I have access.
You may have some legitimate beefs with B6 pilots, but jumpseat is not one of them. I regularly transport UAL pilots and FA's from Florida to NY and vice versa. By the way, a lot of FL commuters have their wings inverted these days. PM Bro, we may have much to converse about.

The Pig.
Go to the UAL ALPA FORUM. Select Message Sections and find the list of different sections. Now go look toward the top and you will find Hotel/Jumpseat/Crashpad. Click on this link and you will find various topics of the above. You may have to reset the message options selection for the date. Set the date to "show all messages after xxxx option. I would suggest setting it to 7/15/06 and later. The posters initials are MC and he is a regular poster and all around good guy. After you find this will you please come back here and apologize?

Last edited:
BLUE BAYOU said:
Hold your breath, if this started off from 32LT10, it may not even be worth addressing. We have one of the most open policies for jumpseating that even if this case was true, it is extremely isolated. I flew a flight from IAD-FLL a few weeks ago and had 8 UAL employees on going home. Just remember, the jumpseat is a priviledge not a right-- they're still my seats in the cockpit, and I'll offer it up 99.9% of the time when conditions warrant it-- just not to 32LT10...

I have tried to maintain civility in this topic and with B6. With comments such as this BB how would I know you, when you try to OMC on UAL? If so should I turn down all B6 pilots because of your threats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back