• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue = Good Stuff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is the way it has been for years.. HOWEVER.. if you do as I asked above and go to the Majors section.. you will find our sticky threads that ask for your input on this matter as we look for ways to improve flight Info.. This matter is one of those questions..

I don't have an arguement for you.. BUt with 37 posts to your credit, you might want to take a lighter approach if you want to make a meaningful suggestion they we will really consider..

The sticky doesn't say jack. It sounds like someone ( moderator ) has his or her panties in a wad. Wow, we are not worthy to be in the majors section. Don't you have something better to do?

I am against the ALPA push at JB right now.. I will vote, but my vote will be NO... Thank you!

That sounds a little like attacking the person and not the issue. Who cares how many posts I have. Can I still not make a valid point? I simply want to know what constitutes a major in the Flightinfo.com definition book. It seems a little arbitrary to me or whatever the moderators FEEL is a major. Having to switch forums to see current info is a usability problem for those looking to quickly browse new posts for Major airlines. I know I'll miss JB related stuff if it's in a different forum.

Im still trying to figure how proALPA guys say our 10% retirement is below average? I asked a few ALPA Coordinating Committee members and they don't even know what the average carrier gets. But they still tell me we are below average. Not the kind of people I want negotiating on my behalf.

Im still trying to figure how proALPA guys say our 10% retirement is below average? I asked a few ALPA Coordinating Committee members and they don't even know what the average carrier gets. But they still tell me we are below average. Not the kind of people I want negotiating on my behalf.

It's all in the latest OC newsletter that should have come to your house. It's also been covered in the PCRB report. We actually get 5% matching and 5% so called "guaranteed" profit sharing that is subject to board approval.

Here is the rest of the industry:

Air Tran.................Currently 10.5% increasing to 12.5% by 7/1/13
Alaska...................13.5% plus profit sharing
AA........................11% plus profit sharing plus a defined benefit
CO........................12.75% plus profit sharing
Delta.....................14% on 1/1/11 plus profit sharing
Hawaiian................15% plus profit sharing
Southwest..............9.3% plus profit sharing...................look at their pay!
United....................16% plus profit sharing
US Airways..............10% plus profit sharing.

Even if you are against a union I implore you to know your own benefits and how they compare to the rest of the industry.

I took all of their numbers and subtracted 2% for union dues. And the average came out to 10.673%. I would say we are just about average. Do they get profit sharing even when the company takes a loss? Not convincing enough.

I took all of their numbers and subtracted 2% for union dues. And the average came out to 10.673%. I would say we are just about average. Do they get profit sharing even when the company takes a loss? Not convincing enough.

You aren't even counting AA's B plan which would bring it well above your number. Furthermore the number I come up with is 12.5%. Add any profit sharing and the numbers go WAY up. WN payrates fund any shortfall in their retirement. Your profit sharing is NOT guaranteed. Stick your head in the sand if you like. As for dues it is 1.95% and to simply subtract that off your retirement is foolish. If you don't want a union that's fine but at least look at the facts. Figures lie and liars figure....or is the other way around?
See pages 8 and 9 of the 2008 PCRB report for all the deficiencies. In their findings the industry average is 13% vs 10% at JetBlue. It's even greater when you factor in the loss of interest with annual profit sharing payment.

I'll gladly pay 1.95% for scope, better merger protection, legal representation, health insurance on long term disability.....just to name a few. NO guarantees on what will be in a contract but at least we have an opportunity to negotiate.

Latest resources

Back