Jet Blue firing???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dizel8 said:
Huh? I must be missing something here. Is the fact, that we have jetblue pilots working with management a bad thing? Or is it that it looks like representation, which is a bad thing? I am confused!
If you need to ask... Apparently you'r background is fairly SHALLOW...

jetblue320 said:
I don't have to ask the Challenge folks Pal, I was one for 12 years. And FYI, CAC was a CBA holding Teamster outfit without one little detail....SCOPE......but the end result was the same.....UPS in, CAC out. Oh, did I mention that the majority of UPS were Teamsters "Brothers". Put that in your union pipe and smoke it.
As I stated in a previous post. " You'r union is as good as the members and it's elected officials" If the folks at CAC chose to negotiate an agreement without SCOPE and SUCCESSORSHIP language, then its their own fault for their downfall. You, if anyone on the JB property, has tasted the bitter result of placing blind faith and you'r future in the hands of management...It's not because management is cruel and detached, its not personal, it is simply done to MAKE MONEY!! When you'r business model starts to faulter, then you will repeat history AGAIN. Do you folks actually think that JB is SALE or MERGER proof? Because if you do, I have some ENRON stock that I would like to sell :)

So you have some fellow pilot's supposably representing YOUR best interests with management? Hope those few know what the entire pilot group wants and not for their own personal gain.

sandman2122 said:
So you have some fellow pilot's supposably representing YOUR best interests with management? Hope those few know what the entire pilot group wants and not for their own personal gain.
Human nature allways surfaces and prevails...GREED is the pill that destroys the fiber of happiness. This goes for both sides.. And this is the only reason wy we need a WORKING AGREEMENT.. It keeps both parties in check..

B-atch said:
As I stated in a previous post. " You'r union is as good as the members and it's elected officials" If the folks at CAC chose to negotiate an agreement without SCOPE and SUCCESSORSHIP language, then its their own fault for their downfall. You, if anyone on the JB property, has tasted the bitter result of placing blind faith and you'r future in the hands of management...It's not because management is cruel and detached, its not personal, it is simply done to MAKE MONEY!! When you'r business model starts to faulter, then you will repeat history AGAIN. Do you folks actually think that JB is SALE or MERGER proof? Because if you do, I have some ENRON stock that I would like to sell :)
I totally agree with most of what you are saying. Yes indeed, we failed to get good language and yes I tasted the bitter results for sure. Heck no, I do not believe anyone at JB believes we are bullet proof. The end result is always less than favorable for a lot of folks with mergers, aquisitions and the like. It's the nature of business. I do feel (along with many others at JB) that history doesn't necessarily have to repeat itself. And, maybe someday JB will go away or be like all the others, but probably not in my career span there. Selfish as it sounds, that'll be someone else's problem. I hope to be drinking drinks with little pink umbrella's in them by then. I am close to there now and getting closer every day.

C yaa and thanks for the warning! :)

P.S. What are you still doing with Enron stock for sale? :eek:

Last edited:
jetblue320 said:
If I really thought you meant that I would say thanks. But obviously JB has soured you for some reason so we'll just leave it at that. The way I figure it not everything in life has to depend on luck.

C yaa
JBLU hasn't soured me at all. It's a fine company and the crews are great, but if you're leaving your butt out hanging in the wind for management to one day take full advantage of, all I can say is good luck, because one day you'll need it. When it happens, you might feel a little pressure, take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Sure are a lot of folks on this board got their panties in a wad 'cause the folks at JB don't do it their way. Then they accuse JB pilots of "dragging the industry down" because they choose to do things differently (read in ways that actually work). It is my belief that JB will get a pilot union someday and that it won't be ALPA. But I am absolutly POSITIVE that my opinion(and the opinion of every other non JB pilot) of weather they need one or not does not matter!

I though this was an interview board ... JB is hiring, it is a great job, stop trying to spread nasty rumours and poison sombody else's well. Instead try posting information that'll help folks get hired at YOUR carrier. You know something you might actually have a clue about!

BTW SWA is hiring! We fly Boeings (that we pay for:D ) we have a union (not ALPA!) and our airplanes are getting these really cool HUGE winglets that chicks dig and guys think are cool.

P.S. What are you still doing with Enron stock for sale? :eek:[/QUOTE]
Comes to show ya....Pilots make P!!SS poor business men...

FDJ2 said:
JBLU hasn't soured me at all. It's a fine company and the crews are great, but if you're leaving your butt out hanging in the wind for management to one day take full advantage of, all I can say is good luck, because one day you'll need it. When it happens, you might feel a little pressure, take a deep breath and relax. Enjoy the ride.
FDJ2,

Glad to hear your aren't sour. I appreciate the warning, really. Hopefully, I/we won't need the luck, but Thanks!

C yaaaa

Latest resources

Back