• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JC Resigns Comair MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General, consider this: if DALPA had publicly stated that the DAL pilots would be sympathy-striking with the CMR pilots if management refused to give in to their demands, then there likely never would have been a strike that cost your company nearly $1 billion. If management knew that not only CMR, but their entire operation was going to shut down over a measly $100 million difference at the bargaining table, then they most likely would have given the CMR pilots nearly everything they were asking for, and your company would have been hundreds of millions richer going into 9/11.

I think we can all agree that JC and the MEC (and management) folks dropped the ball in not supporting the furloughed DAL pilots. The CMR pilots were not asked for their opinion nor were they polled as to their position on this matter - we had NO say (which is normal for the CMR pilots - we were like a bunch of mushrooms; kept in the dark and fed sh!t).

What actually happened at the DAL/CMR MEC meetings we can only speculate as we only hear what we want to hear (and are only told by our MEC's what THEY want us to hear thus getting everyone's underwear in a bundle!)

It's over. JC has resigned. Let it go!

I think we can all agree that JC and the MEC (and management) folks dropped the ball in not supporting the furloughed DAL pilots. The CMR pilots were not asked for their opinion nor were they polled as to their position on this matter - we had NO say (which is normal for the CMR pilots - we were like a bunch of mushrooms; kept in the dark and fed sh!t).

What actually happened at the DAL/CMR MEC meetings we can only speculate as we only hear what we want to hear (and are only told by our MEC's what THEY want us to hear thus getting everyone's underwear in a bundle!)

It's over. JC has resigned. Let it go!

If you are going to sit in the dark, then expect said action regarding feces. You left him in power until just a short time ago.

The more and more information that comes out, the more and more bad looking it gets for JC and company. The Comair pilots unfortunately live with the results of apathy, and the putting of their eggs in the wrong basket.

The Delta pilots have let it go, unfortunately they do not forget either. I added to this particular conversation by responding to misinformation put out by another.

Loser

Maybe they should just let you run the airline, General. If you are half as adept at doing that as you are blowing hot air around here, you could probably get back into backruptcy in half the time-for half the cost!

-IDIOT!

Last edited:
So there you have it. While our pilots do indeed pick up open time with furloughed pilots, it's contractually allowed. I daresay at 250/hr that many senior Comair pilots would pick up a 20 hour trip as well with pilots out on the street. Not really about Comair thought, is it? Merely a red herring on your part in order to try and escape the Comair support of an over-egod chair.
Oh, I see. It was okay for Delta pilots to pick up open time while their fellow pilots were still on furlough because, after all, it was "contractually allowed", and it paid lots of money.

General, consider this: if DALPA had publicly stated that the DAL pilots would be sympathy-striking with the CMR pilots if management refused to give in to their demands, then there likely never would have been a strike that cost your company nearly $1 billion. If management knew that not only CMR, but their entire operation was going to shut down over a measly $100 million difference at the bargaining table, then they most likely would have given the CMR pilots nearly everything they were asking for, and your company would have been hundreds of millions richer going into 9/11.

PCL,

Ever since the APA took at stand at AA and Pres Clinton got mad at them and they were eventually fined big time (which was thrown out later mutually), airline unions have had to "watch it" when it came to making Presidents mad. After Pres Bush was elected, he was asked about impending airline strikes in the near future, and he stated "there will be no strikes this summer". That was directed at us, and it took away our ability to negotiate that way. He did not state that about Comair, and they were "allowed" to strike. We could not join them thanks to Bush. I will vote for Obama in 08---for labor sake. The Republicans do not care about labor, period.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Oh, I see. It was okay for Delta pilots to pick up open time while their fellow pilots were still on furlough because, after all, it was "contractually allowed", and it paid lots of money.

And, on top of that, it was mandatory to keep the status quo or face another lawsuit, and damages. You keep forgetting that part. Why is that?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not at all. I, in fact, did not. Fact is, however, you cannot deny somebody their contractual benefit. Period. Now, if you are going to compare unity, well, maybe you got us. Of course, there was this huge strike, and what did you get out of it? Basically nothing. So, if it floats your boat to say you are the strike kings, good on ya.

PCL,

Ever since the APA took at stand at AA and Pres Clinton got mad at them and they were eventually fined big time (which was thrown out later mutually), airline unions have had to "watch it" when it came to making Presidents mad. After Pres Bush was elected, he was asked about impending airline strikes in the near future, and he stated "there will be no strikes this summer". That was directed at us, and it took away our ability to negotiate that way. He did not state that about Comair, and they were "allowed" to strike. We could not join them thanks to Bush. I will vote for Obama in 08---for labor sake. The Republicans do not care about labor, period.

Bye Bye--General Lee
General, you have a good understanding of the RLA and how this process works, which is refreshing on this board. However, what you mention about Bush would not have interfered with a sympathy strike in the CMR case. After the CMR pilots were already released into their 30-day cooling off period, the DAL pilots could have announced a sympathy strike without the President having the option of stopping their strike through the NMB. The most he could have done was issue a PEB that would have merely delayed things for another 30 days. In my opinion, an announcement from DALPA about a sympathy strike would have caused DAL management to cave, and a strike never would have taken place at all.

Riiiiight.

Sorry, but it's already been explained to me that it's okay for Delta pilots to pick up extra flying while their coworkers are furloughed because, by golly, it's "contractually allowed", not to mention good money.

Sorry GL, but the facts are that the same guys whining about Comair were grabbing all the open time they could get. It reeks strongly of greed and hypocrisy. Individual pilots could have stopped picking it up regardless of whether the MEC was allowed to recommend it or not. You guys didn't even try.

Latest resources

Back