Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JBLU cuts 5 Yr. Pilots, Fact or Fiction?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heywood and Front Office,

How about sending a PM of your "real" name and I'll do the same for you. This will prove that you are indeed a JetBlue Pilot. Otherwise, I think you are on this board to do nothing more than flame and sling $hit. And ASH, you need to grow up dude. What's the purpose of getting your little flame in? To show that you are pulling gear in a 145? There's nothing wrong with that but I don't see anything incredible about your pay either.....

side stick-n said:

How about sending a PM of your "real" name and I'll do the same for you. This will prove that you are indeed a JetBlue Pilot. Otherwise, I think you are on this board to do nothing more than flame and sling $hit. And ASH, you need to grow up dude. What's the purpose of getting your little flame in? To show that you are pulling gear in a 145? There's nothing wrong with that but I don't see anything incredible about your pay either.....
While you're at it, why don't you go ahead and publish the criteria that you would have a forum member meet in order to be qualified to comment on this thread. That way we can weed out the opinions you don't like.

:rolleyes:

side stick-n said:

are you for real, dude?

Blue Bayou,

You're right, anyone with 400 hours really doesn't have the overall experience to comment with any real authority on the general state of commercial aviation as we know it today. That being said, you need to relax, you're a pretty inexperienced pilot just like I am. Seven or eight thousand hours is a drop in the bucket.

I've noticed quite a few of you guys taking offense at anyone with the nerve to question any insignificant decision or policy that's handed down by jetBlue management. It's a free country, live and let live, just do your job the best you can, there's room for all of us to make a living.

It's easy to hide behind a monitor and be a tough guy.

hank

The original question posted here referred to 5 expired pilot contracts that were not renewed. What does that mean?

I have not heard off an individual pilot signing a contract with the company when they get hired. The contracts that I know are union contracts but Jetblue is non-union.

Can someone either clarify my misunderstanding or shed some light on these type of contracts?

Thanks!

lumax said:
The original question posted here referred to 5 expired pilot contracts that were not renewed. What does that mean?

I have not heard off an individual pilot signing a contract with the company when they get hired. The contracts that I know are union contracts but Jetblue is non-union.

Can someone either clarify my misunderstanding or shed some light on these type of contracts?

Thanks!
JetBlue pilots indivdually sign an employment contract. There is no Collective Bargaining Agreement, commonly referred to by union pilots as "the" contract. The JetBlue pilot employment contracts are for 5 years.

Thanks Tony,

A few more questions for you:

What is in the contract (if you can disclose some of its contents)?

Are these contracts in place to keep the pilots from leaving Jetblue for another carrier once they are trained?

If not, what is the purpose of the contract?

Are these contracts different from pilot to pilot? I.e. wages, work rules, length of contract

What happens when the contract expires?

Thanks!

Skygod said:
What's the answer to the 640,000 question? Square feet in the new Terminal Five . . .

NY/NJ Port agency approves $875 mln JetBlue terminal
Wednesday August 4, 4:30 pm ET
NEW YORK, Aug 4 (Reuters) - The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey on Wednesday approved the construction of a new $875 million terminal for JetBlue Airways at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

Details of how the project will be funded are still subject to discussions between the airline and the Port Authority, said Charles Gargano, a Port Authority commissioner.

The new terminal will be 640,000 square feet and house 26 gates. It will also include a new parking garage with more than 1,500 spaces.

New York-based JetBlue will operate the terminal under a 34-year lease. Construction is expected to begin in 2005.

The low-cost carrier started operations in February 2000 and carries more passengers through JFK airport than any other airline. In addition to its U.S. routes, it recently began offering international service in June to Santiago and Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic.

My father's company was contracted to do work for this new terminal. Last week he told me that construction had been put on hold "indefinitely". Wonder if financing it has become a problem lately....

With all do respect, you have know idea what position im in to comment on this. All you see is 400 hours. Did you ever think that I might have more experience with this industry that has nothing to do with flightime? You listen to lowcurs bull shi** and he doesn't even have a hand in aviation at all. If anything im much more qualified then him to comment on this with respect to flight time alone. Why are all the JB guys getting so defensive??? geee, take it down a notch before you give yourself ulcers.

Latest resources

Back