Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JBLU cuts 5 Yr. Pilots, Fact or Fiction?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLB717

Pilot=proof of Gods humor
Hey JBLU Guys,

I need some clarification on a rumor (and only a rumor that I can tell) that 5 of your more senior pilots were not renewed the 5 year contract and summarily let go. I had not seen this on any boards etc., and wanted to find out if this was a true happening, some other dismissal process or some guys opinion to a friend of mine that has a bad taste for JBLU. I only ask because it is the third or forth time I have heard this in as many days. Looking for truth and light on this situation, thanks.

FLB717 said:
Hey JBLU Guys,

I need some clarification on a rumor (and only a rumor that I can tell) that 5 of your more senior pilots were not renewed the 5 year contract and summarily let go. I had not seen this on any boards etc., and wanted to find out if this was a true happening, some other dismissal process or some guys opinion to a friend of mine that has a bad taste for JBLU. I only ask because it is the third or forth time I have heard this in as many days. Looking for truth and light on this situation, thanks.

Pure fiction. The current Contract/Work Agreement has an Evergreen clause which means it automatically renews upon the 5th anniversary of each individual pilots DOH. The "new" agreement which was to take effect in October 2004 (and which was a turbo hot topic here) was just rescinded by the company last Monday meaning that all the standing agreements are still in effect, with the renewal clause intact. Besides, the most senior pilots' contracts don't even reach the 5 year point until October 2004.

C yaaa

Thanks for info, I'll pass those facts along.

It seems there are a lot of grumblings at Jetblue lately. What is going on over there?

I did see pay rates for the EMB, and they were absolutely sub par. I sure hope you guys can get these up. I am sure this is a part of the problem. Anyway, it seems to be a good place to work...just up the pay rates!

Good luck

furloughed dude said:
It seems there are a lot of grumblings at Jetblue lately. What is going on over there?

I did see pay rates for the EMB, and they were absolutely sub par. I sure hope you guys can get these up. I am sure this is a part of the problem. Anyway, it seems to be a good place to work...just up the pay rates!

Good luck
Maybe the grumbling of a few that are less than happy overall and airing their gripes here on Flightinfo but for the vast majority (me included) of JB guys and gals, it's business as usual and they are happy as clams!

C yaaa

Glad to hear your happy as clams! Why wouldn't you be ...what with the brand new 190's coming....and the INCREDIBLE PAY...ah, but it won't affect you will it....

jetblue320 said:
Maybe the grumbling of a few that are less than happy overall and airing their gripes here on Flightinfo but for the vast majority (me included) of JB guys and gals, it's business as usual and they are happy as clams!

C yaaa
YGBFSM?!?!? I couldn't disagree with you more. Maybe the guys you hang out with are happy as clams. I guess if everyone's options were at $.30/share and had a top 10% seniority number we'd all be happy as you. I'd say well over half of the guys I talk with are extremely disappointed/embarrassed by these rates. I had a buddy who crunched the numbers and a slightly above average month for the FA and an average month for a First Officer, the FA will actually make more $$ than the pilot. If that doesn't get your blood boiling, I don't know what will.....maybe you should just keep swimming with your clam buddies and not worry about the rest of your future brothers wallowing in the shallow end......unbelievable

Happy as a clam?

Dude, you are not right. How can you be happy knowing that our new brothers and sisters are going to be paid crap to fly that 190. While your lazy azz is happy making the big A320 pay. You should be happy for everyone not just your self.

I left a good company after 15 years to come here. Because they told me how great this place is.

We were told we would be paid a % of SWA, PTO, Great working conditions, fun, integrity, caring, saftey and passion. My friend that was B.S.

PTO ? Yea, whats that? Oh I see, they ment PTS...

Last edited:
Front Office said:
I left a good company after 15 years to come here. Because they told me how great this place is.

I tell you what, I made a big mistake !!!

I wish I never came here.
Then do something about it. Get the he!! out if it's so farking bad.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back