Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JBLU cuts 5 Yr. Pilots, Fact or Fiction?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heywood Jiblome said:
YGBFSM?!?!? I couldn't disagree with you more. Maybe the guys you hang out with are happy as clams. I guess if everyone's options were at $.30/share and had a top 10% seniority number we'd all be happy as you. I'd say well over half of the guys I talk with are extremely disappointed/embarrassed by these rates. I had a buddy who crunched the numbers and a slightly above average month for the FA and an average month for a First Officer, the FA will actually make more $$ than the pilot. If that doesn't get your blood boiling, I don't know what will.....maybe you should just keep swimming with your clam buddies and not worry about the rest of your future brothers wallowing in the shallow end......unbelievable
Don't hold back Man! And no I am not FSYou.

It was MY observation and opinion. What, I'm not entitled to one?

Why don't you apply your screen name and I'm done with this.

All them guys/gals complaining are divorced or were abused children from a previous airline. I'm still pretty happy with this marriage!!! The 190 guys getting hired will make more money than those opting for the the 320-- if you can't understand why, then you weren't here the first 3 years either... Upgrade will be light speed, duh!

Would any of you JB guys like to lead by example? Why don't you bid for the emb-190 when it gets online. I mean if your happy as clams and "Trust" management to do the "Right" thing, well then u should have no problem with the switch. You would be helping the company grow and be a part of something "Big". Lets see how dedicated you are to JB and all of the rest of us will shut up if you prove you are what you say you are. Any takers??? JetBlue320? Blue Bayou?

Ace757 said:
Would any of you JB guys like to lead by example? Why don't you bid for the emb-190 when it gets online. I mean if your happy as clams and "Trust" management to do the "Right" thing, well then u should have no problem with the switch. You would be helping the company grow and be a part of something "Big". Lets see how dedicated you are to JB and all of the rest of us will shut up if you prove you are what you say you are. Any takers??? JetBlue320? Blue Bayou?
Right, I'm gonna take advice from a guy who has only flown Pipers and Cessnas for 400 hours, give me a break!!! You're starting on the first rung of the ladder and climbing, that's good-- the guys/gals coming here will be doing the same thing-- and believe me, as long as there is an abundance of pilots on the street we can pick and choose from, there won't be a problem filling those seats-- maybe your analogy will work if you ask all those ball players to work for nothing too, since all they do is play a game!

Last edited:
What's the answer to the 640,000 question? Square feet in the new Terminal Five . . .

NY/NJ Port agency approves $875 mln JetBlue terminal
Wednesday August 4, 4:30 pm ET

NEW YORK, Aug 4 (Reuters) - The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey on Wednesday approved the construction of a new $875 million terminal for JetBlue Airways at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

Details of how the project will be funded are still subject to discussions between the airline and the Port Authority, said Charles Gargano, a Port Authority commissioner.

The new terminal will be 640,000 square feet and house 26 gates. It will also include a new parking garage with more than 1,500 spaces.

New York-based JetBlue will operate the terminal under a 34-year lease. Construction is expected to begin in 2005.

The low-cost carrier started operations in February 2000 and carries more passengers through JFK airport than any other airline. In addition to its U.S. routes, it recently began offering international service in June to Santiago and Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic.

Ace757 said:
For the reason that once a B6 pilot flies the A320, he ain't going back to the E190---there's no upgrade path in that direction. My understanding is that the only permitted transition is from E190 to A320.

From what I have heard from high up people inside the company was that many Captains expressed interest in jumping over to the EMB-190 so they could live closer to home. They said that the captains were told that the pay would be less but they were still all for it. I don't think that the captains that expressed interest in this knew the pay rates were going to be this low though.

Latest resources

Back