• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB pilots say no to alpa/Barely

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The failure of this election falls on Duane Woerth(less) and the wake of ill will and distrust which is his legacy. Don't ever forget that.
That's true. Probably lots of pilots came to JetBlue during his reign at ALPA, and many of these guys tired of seeing what ALPA had done to their old airline.

That's true. Probably lots of pilots came to JetBlue during his reign at ALPA, and many of these guys tired of seeing what ALPA had done to their old airline.

Wait and see what ALPA does do to J.B. pilots, should a merger or aquisition take place between JetBlue and an ALPA carrier. Good luck with that one as ALPA legal has all the ins and outs of the P.E.A. and the loopholes they include. That will be some serious payback. Oh but wait we have a 2 million divided by 2300 pilot warchest to fight our battle.

This was a REBUKE OF ALPA not necessarily a "pro direct relationship" result.

ALPA sh*t their nest for so long that many pilots were thinking along the lines of:

"Yea, we have big problems and really need a CBA, BUT....ALPA? Seriously? No f*cking way".

The failure of this election falls on Duane Woerth(less) and the wake of ill will and distrust which is his legacy. Don't ever forget that.

Thats how I feel. Time to start the JBPA drive again... I think we will get more support with JBPA now that the ALPA threat is over. In house is the way to go.

JBPA will never happen. This pilot group will never pony up the initial cost and assesments of an in house drive. Good luck with it as I am sure all of us that have been involved with and supported, the last two drives- well we are exhausted. I'd support it but will play on the side lines from now on.

Wait and see what ALPA does do to J.B. pilots, should a merger or aquisition take place between JetBlue and an ALPA carrier. Good luck with that one as ALPA legal has all the ins and outs of the P.E.A. and the loopholes they include. That will be some serious payback. Oh but wait we have a 2 million divided by 2300 pilot warchest to fight our battle.

Just like what ALPA is doing to the SWA pilots?

Wow! What someone doesn't want ALPA?

This was a REBUKE OF ALPA not necessarily a "pro direct relationship" result.

ALPA sh*t their nest for so long that many pilots were thinking along the lines of:

"Yea, we have big problems and really need a CBA, BUT....ALPA? Seriously? No f*cking way".

+1

Third time's the charm?

Just like what ALPA is doing to the SWA pilots?

Yes at least they are in a position to bargain and vote. Lets see a substantial pay raise, benefits and QOL sounds okay to me vs. a preferential interview or complete staple, if lucky.

Yes at least they are in a position to bargain and vote. Lets see a substantial pay raise, benefits and QOL sounds okay to me vs. a preferential interview or complete staple, if lucky.

Who is jetBlue going to merge with? Delta, courts won't allow it. United? Again, courts won't allow it....so there are your only ALPA legacy carriers left behind.

As far as for the guy who said "There goes your job protection"...Just like Aloha, Midwest, ATA and all the other defunct ALPA carriers? The only carriers that successfully beat away the regional feeder service was SWA.

ALPA is like Polyester. It's a thing of the past, and only the losers are wearing it.

Latest resources

Back