• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB pilots say no to alpa/Barely

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The fact remains that 42% of the pilot group voted for representation. Only 58% voted "no." This pilot group is almost split down the middle. Looking back on the last 2 union drives, the percentage of "yes" voters has increased quite a bit. I believe the vote failed a few years ago with only about 33% voting "yes." 2 union drives in as many years definitely sends a strong message. Stay tuned.....it's going to be quite a ride!

Who is jetBlue going to merge with? Delta, courts won't allow it. United? Again, courts won't allow it....so there are your only ALPA legacy carriers left behind.

As far as for the guy who said "There goes your job protection"...Just like Aloha, Midwest, ATA and all the other defunct ALPA carriers? The only carriers that successfully beat away the regional feeder service was SWA.

ALPA is like Polyester. It's a thing of the past, and only the losers are wearing it.

Courts wont allow it? What crack pipe are you smoking? Think again my friend there have been many mergers throughout history that get DOJ approval. Jetblue is not a major airline in the grand scheme of things. Northeast, Carribean and FL, just another Peoples Express - 20 years later.

time for us to start working on bringing JBPA in.

Be my guest. That ship sailed years ago, after being killed by management. JBPA was supposed to be a cooperative in-house union, but the ELT didn't want even that. Any union-management relationship here will be at the very least slow and reluctant, if not outright adversarial. This means money, a lot of it. This is the same pilot group of which only about a third participates in a pilot assistance fund that costs $15 or less a month. Almost two-thirds can't be bothered. For many, 2% dues was a deal-breaker. How in the world are you going to start up and operate an in-house in this environment?

JBPA will never happen. This pilot group will never pony up the initial cost and assesments of an in house drive. Good luck with it as I am sure all of us that have been involved with and supported, the last two drives- well we are exhausted. I'd support it but will play on the side lines from now on.

I kind of disagree:

"IF" the company and the pilot group ever saw the light of day and TOGETHER created a CBA (with seed money from the company) we could rule the world...or at least our little corner of it.

JB management + JB pilots + Lufthansa's "interest" = serious, serious upside for all of us, but only if all the players have enough "vision" to see this. On this point, I'm not optimistic because most people have their narrow-minded, myopic head buried in their own problems-du-jour to be willing to zoom out and view the entire playing field from above and see all the moving pieces.

Be my guest. That ship sailed years ago, after being killed by management. JBPA was supposed to be a cooperative in-house union, but the ELT didn't want even that. Any union-management relationship here will be at the very least slow and reluctant, if not outright adversarial. This means money, a lot of it. This is the same pilot group of which only about a third participates in a pilot assistance fund that costs $15 or less a month. Almost two-thirds can't be bothered. For many, 2% dues was a deal-breaker. How in the world are you going to start up and operate an in-house in this environment?
Voluntary union dues, my what a novel concept. Doing wonders in Wisc.

Latest resources

Back