JB pilots say no to alpa/Barely

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

$$$4nothin

The National Mediation Board (NMB) has reported the final election results. Pilots elected to retain their direct relationship with JetBlue.

1,193 (58%) - Voted NO to representation

857 (41%) - Voted YES to ALPA

23 (1%) - Write-in ballots for representation

2,108 (99%) - Number of Pilots voting (2,121 Eligible)

Maybe when we get bought, the acquiring carrier's union can stipulate that the yes voters get fairly integrated and the no voters have to interview. Who's to say it can't happen? There are no rules that will help us.

I also did not get to vote... my paint is too new. I'm glad that everyone voted... now we shall see what the company is going to do.

I also did not get to vote... my paint is too new. I'm glad that everyone voted... now we shall see what the company is going to do.

Nothing. Your retirement is still severely underfunded, you can't have joinder for contract violations, and you have no job protections.

This was a REBUKE OF ALPA not necessarily a "pro direct relationship" result.

ALPA sh*t their nest for so long that many pilots were thinking along the lines of:

"Yea, we have big problems and really need a CBA, BUT....ALPA? Seriously? No f*cking way".

The failure of this election falls on Duane Woerth(less) and the wake of ill will and distrust which is his legacy. Don't ever forget that.

They ain't gonna do squat. Why should they? Almost 1200 of my peers said they were good with the way things were. There were no promises made this time. They simply begged us to vote 'no' and we did. We'll get nothing. Frankly, we deserve nothing.

Latest resources

Back