• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB pilots file with NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look around except for SWA in the airline industry and soon to be UAW. UAW had 300,000+ members they are now down to 150,000...

Unions = Job Loses

No protection from anything now in this economy. So far JBLU has not furloughed. This NMB filing has now, if anything, encouraged our leaders to suspend any kind of improvements to our QOL, pay, and benefits until this vote is done. Thanks JBPA!!!

Comparing the pilots at SWA to the UAW is ridiculous. That might be the most nonsensical paragraph I have ever read on this forum.

You say, Unions=Job loses. How? That is a pretty bold statement without any support of fact. I would say that bad management is the true culprit of job loses. Just pick up your morning paper and take a look at the current state of affairs in this country. It is not because of unions. It is due to poor management and greed.

Your last paragraph might be the most comical, you actually think the leaders at were in the process of planning any improvements to our QOL? Give me a break! We have watched our overall compensation and benefits decrease every year. And the fact that we have not furloughed is due to the fact that we have a contract that they must pay by law. Even if they furloughed they would still have to pay us 70 hours a month not to work.

And yes you can thank JBPA because so far they are the only group that is actually looking to improve what you currently have. Jetblue management has done very little. Most improvements have been cost neutral and if you index it with inflation we are years and thousands of dollars behind our peers. Did you actually read the PCRB report? It details all of the areas that we are deficient in compared to our peers at other carriers. If we can have a collective voice to negotiate improvements to what we currently have then JBPA has my vote!

Hey BV,
I tried to quit because Rez is on "autobabble". Please drop the plural form of "Dorks" to the singular "Dork". If you do not, I will continue to argue with him starting with the political rights of the cave man.

Hey! Don't drag me into this! :pimp:

"Thanks JBPA!"

Did you mean: "Thanks to ONE HALF of the pilot group (at least) speaking up for their careers"?

Don't kid yourself -- this isn't some small, fringe movement. Your peers, quite a lot I might add, have a differing opinion. If you want to sarcastically blame someone other than management for the NMB filing, don't blame the JBPA -- blame the the guy sitting on your left or right.

This NMB filing has now, if anything, encouraged our leaders to suspend any kind of improvements to our QOL, pay, and benefits until this vote is done. Thanks JBPA!!!

OH MY GOD, you actually bought into that ridiculous line of crap from JR? You actually believe improvements were on the way?

Unbelievable....really unbelievable...

What are the odds this passes? Anybody wanna take a stab?

On behalf of us brown night drivers we support you guys 100%...we know how hard you work. On any given night as we come transcon it is usually only CAL, BLue, and FDX blazin a trail to catch the East Coast sunrise.

On any given night as we come transcon it is usually only CAL, BLue, and FDX blazin a trail to catch the East Coast sunrise.

Except we're doing it for 1/2 the money as you guys with no Night Rig....:rolleyes:

Jetblue is looking like USAIR in the 80's. Lots of hiring and suddenly boom. There will be have and the have nots. Just a few years will make the difference. Timing is everything. It will be like USAIR DOH 1985 or 1988. At Jetblue, it will be 2004 and 2007.
There will be almost 0 retirements at Jetble in the future. So, the only way to upgrade will be more growth, which I do not see.

Anyway, JetBlue is still a great product. If your product would not be as good , you would have been gone by now.

Good luck to all the Jetblue Pilots. With or without a Union.

M

You are exactly right. At JetBlue, the difference is going to be huge just between DOH 2006-2007. It could mean the difference between upgrading - and never upgrading. Seriously, what good is a 15+ year upgrade when your career earnings potential goes down the drain along the way?

"Unions = job losses" is certainly not a true statement. If we don't get crazy and try to vote in a ridiculuos contract that our revenue can't possibly support, we'll be alright. But that's going to be up to us to do the research and make ourselves aware of the company's cash flow.

I'm very happy at JetBlue. I'm a fence-sitter recently turned yes vote. I'm completely against the need for a union, but that ain't the way the world works.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back