• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB pilots file with NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have unique airline in this perilous industry. The fact is we have not furloughed when others have. We have not cut pay or benefits when others have-- all with their so-called union protections. If you want to change status-quo, go the path of other unionized carriers, then vote yes. If you want to keep our unique company, ours, we can send a message to the other work groups that we support "our way of life" not JBPAs, then please don't vote.

We have unique airline in this perilous industry. The fact is we have not furloughed when others have. We have not cut pay or benefits when others have-- all with their so-called union protections.
And...at those union airlines, where they have taken cuts in pay and benefits, they are, according to the PCRB results, still getting better pay and benefits than pilots at B6. Those comparisons are all from "concessionary" contracts, most while in bankruptcy.

Our payrates were based on the almighty "blended-rate" concept using bid divisors of 80+ hours. How many pilots were stuck in the 70 hours range the last couple of months? Thus the basis for our payrates is bogus.

It's not technically a paycut, but it's not exactly advertised pay either.

Our payrates were based on the almighty "blended-rate" concept using bid divisors of 80+ hours. How many pilots were stuck in the 70 hours range the last couple of months? Thus the basis for our payrates is bogus.

It's not technically a paycut, but it's not exactly advertised pay either.
Even when the bid divisor is 80+ hours, the whole blended-rate concept is a scam.
That's OVERTIME and it's only potential OVERTIME. It should NOT be used when comparing pay rates.

I'm surprised they didn't count per diem.

We have unique airline in this perilous industry. The fact is we have not furloughed when others have. We have not cut pay or benefits when others have-- all with their so-called union protections. If you want to change status-quo, go the path of other unionized carriers, then vote yes. If you want to keep our unique company, ours, we can send a message to the other work groups that we support "our way of life" not JBPAs, then please don't vote.

Hey Blue, you're ducking the questions I posed. Without a CBA how do you propose we address our LOL/LTD/401K problems? Let me answer it for you: WE CAN'T. Words like 'unique', 'culture' and 'TFAYD' are not going to be worth one red cent when your family suddenly loses their primary income and access to medical care. All the Blue Juice in the world won't fix it. Unless we get a CBA any pilot that ends up with a long term disability is FUKCED! Either you don't get that or you don't care. Dude, educate yourself. You've been sold a bill of goods that's just not reality.

Barger and the BOD has a fiduciary responsibility to the stockholders to squeeze every last penny out of this company. Fuel costs what it costs. Airplanes cost what they cost. Infrastructure costs what it costs. They have been using wages and compensation and more specifically pilot wages and compensation as the squeezable point. To top it off they try to make the case that we are paid an industry standard wage when we clearly are not. There is no 'unique' culture. They are operating like all airline managers everywhere. It's time we start operating like other airline pilots and get ourselves a CBA.

I believe in self-determination, so i'll recognize this is none of my business.
But if you'll let me add some questions.
Don't you still have a seniority list?
Don't you still collectively bargain?
Can an individual pilot negotiate his/her own contract?
Within our industry- can we change companies and gain more pay and responsibility?
So- IOW- it operates just like a union=- except it isn't legally binding to the company?
Be realistic- all voting in a union does is make your agreement binding to the company. Your unity will be what solves your problems. But the question has to be asked--- if you aren't on a merit system- and youre set up exactly like a union-- why shouldn't your agreement with the company not be contractual?
Do you think your CEO doesn't have a legally binding contract?
I learned a long time ago- that if someone is conducting business with you in an ethical way- they are willing to spell out the deal in writing. It doesn't mean you both can't be flexible. But why you wouldn't want a mutually binding contract in any business deal is beyond me.

Hey... Blue Bayou.... I think I just figured something out.... L382... you are one of our handful of C130 Coasties aren't you!!! One of CH's boys... if your not CH himself. At least now I understand the brainwashing.

Legacy carriers were forced to cut their pay BECAUSE of you clowns. Until YOU came along and lowered the bar, the average narrow body pay was on the order of $170 an hour.

Then you guys proved pilots will fly Airbuses for $129. And the legacies used the bankruptcy court to lower our pay to match yours.

So get off your high horse. You guys can brag "our pay hasn't been cut" but that's because you were working for substandard wages in the first place.

Legacy carriers were forced to cut their pay BECAUSE of you clowns. Until YOU came along and lowered the bar, the average narrow body pay was on the order of $170 an hour.

Then you guys proved pilots will fly Airbuses for $129. And the legacies used the bankruptcy court to lower our pay to match yours.

So get off your high horse. You guys can brag "our pay hasn't been cut" but that's because you were working for substandard wages in the first place.
Bullshiite, Jeff.
Airbuses and comparable a/c are STILL being flown for a lot less than JB wages.
I am decidedly PRO JBPA, but your arguement is crap.
What kind of limp-dick union do you have if a 30-airplane non-major can lower the wages of multiple airlines having 10 times the airframes and pilots? Did AS, your airline, declare Ch 11? American?
Airlines will ALWAYS try to lower the bar. It's up to unions to draw the line, set the bar, etc.

Why don't you support the majority of JB pilots seeking representation instead of slamming the whole group?

Latest resources

Back