• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB pilots file with NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm senior enough here to understand that the benefits from a union will benefit ME. However, if you're a junior pilot here at Jetblue looking for more pay and benefits through JBPA, you're kidding yourselves... A union will only have one effect after the negotiations are done. A 100% decrease in pay for you when you're laid off. Additionally, when displacements take hold, about 300-500 pilots here will see a significant "life change" when this economy lingers and JBPA makes the tough descisions easy for management... So, I'm all for more pay and benefits at the cost of our young. That is the union way.

I'm senior enough here to understand that the benefits from a union will benefit ME. However, if you're a junior pilot here at Jetblue looking for more pay and benefits through JBPA, you're kidding yourselves... A union will only have one effect after the negotiations are done. A 100% decrease in pay for you when you're laid off. Additionally, when displacements take hold, about 300-500 pilots here will see a significant "life change" when this economy lingers and JBPA makes the tough descisions easy for management... So, I'm all for more pay and benefits at the cost of our young. That is the union way.

Three questions:

1. What's to prevent management from making these 'tough' decisions whether or not we have a CBA?

2. In the absence of a CBA how do you propose we address the problems with our LOL/STD?

3. In the absence of a CBA how do you propose we correct the pending 401K ERISA implosion?

Three questions:

1. What's to prevent management from making these 'tough' decisions whether or not we have a CBA?

2. In the absence of a CBA how do you propose we address the problems with our LOL/STD?

3. In the absence of a CBA how do you propose we correct the pending 401K ERISA implosion?

I got one too:

How would life at JetBlue change for pilots, if instead of 2000 individual contracts, we had 1 CBA? No change in work rules, retirement or pay (for now) but only one contract. One voice. They haven't furloughed under the current "contracts" why would they under a new CBA?

I cannot imagine they would squander so much goodwill in such a way.

If we can accomplish one voice, one CBA (at least until the economy improves), we will be a much stronger pilot group for the prospect of future changes and improvements.

Originally Posted by elag777
Respecting the arguements of both opinions requires education into exactly what B6 pilots have now with the PEA. There is more protection in there than you may think.

elag777,

What protection does our PEA provide for our health care plan.

Here is a hint: ERISA and IRC and the fact that each employee at jetBlue must have the same self insured benefits and costs.

1). Nothing
2). USairways
3). Go back to school and learn how to read or other standard elag777 response when he is out of talking points
4). _________.

Last edited:

Stop POSING! YOu are a 'no' vote!!

You are trying to scare people with BS!! If we are 300 pilots overstaffed that's roughly $30-50M/yr. If they are not furloughing out of the kindness of their hearts, then they are violating their duty to their shareholders.

Just vote NO and keep it real!!!

How can you look in the mirror and not be ashamed of yourelf?

Voting in JBPA will not cause furloughs or displacements. PERIOD!

It's too bad we can't post Barger's latest BlueNote.

I wonder if he actually read it before he pasted his fancy e-signature on it.

"Thanks for all you do".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back