JB late on its bills?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flint4xx

Overheard through the grapevine: JetBlue is six months behind on fees due to the Orlando Airport. Not sure if it is for the new facilty or landing fees.

Anybody?

Before anybody gets their panties in a wad, this isn't an accusation, it is a question...

flint4xx said:
Overheard through the grapevine: JetBlue is six months behind on fees due to the Orlando Airport. Not sure if it is for the new facilty or landing fees.

Anybody?

Before anybody gets their panties in a wad, this isn't an accusation, it is a question...

Could you give us more details? What grapevine? That's a pretty serious allegation to make without providing specifics. I hear rumors all the time but if I were going to post a rumor on a message board I would provide a source. At least I would quote an anonymous friends brothers co-workers uncles next door neighbor.

I doubt that it is true. Just like many of the other rumors, we can add this to the list. I still cant get over the fact that people still get hard-on's over seeing us fail. Dont you think that if we were late on our payments, or for that matter, not paying for planes or any of the other rumors that people like to start you would see something in the news. The news gets off on diggin up stuff on companies, like not paying MCO their money. They find bliss in seeing enron go through the problems it had and watching Delta and NWA file. Its what makes them money and puts them on top of their ratings. If there was any truth to it, you would have seen it on the front page of forbes or the wall street journal.

ok, im off my soapbax. and my panties are now un-wadded...lol

Last edited:
flint4xx said:

And that makes it okay? It's called assult by suggestion. How about this:

Is it true that flint4xx's wife is still sleeping with the postman? Now don't get your panties in a wad, this isn't a accusation, it is a question.

Plus how can you reasonably expect to actually establish the truth on this message board? Is the CFO of JetBlue going to show up and post the paid bills? Why don't you do a little research for some news reports if the "truth" is really what you're seeking.

Hair-on-Fire said:
And that makes it okay? It's called assult by suggestion. How about this:

Is it true that flint4xx's wife is still sleeping with the postman? Now don't get your panties in a wad, this isn't a accusation, it is a question.

Plus how can you reasonably expect to actually establish the truth on this message board? Is the CFO of JetBlue going to show up and post the paid bills? Why don't you do a little research for some news reports if the "truth" is really what you're seeking.

If you have nothing constructive, why are you answering?
I'm quite sure that if there were any truth to it that 1. It's isn't something they want to get out, and 2. It probably isn't true, but just maybe somebody here actually knows the source/accuracy of the rumor. Maybe it is another airline, or unpaid parking tickets, or whatever...

And my postman is a postwoman. If my wife were sleeping with her I wouldn't be sitting in front of this computer on a RUMOR bulletin board seeking information that really means nothing to me except casual interest in the happenings in my industry. Nor will I waste the time and effort trying to word a simple question that requires a simple answer. Again. if you have nothing constructive...

Longhorn said:
I still cant get over the fact that people still get hard-on's over seeing us fail.

I don't want to see you fail, nor was that implied in my question. If I read correctly and remember the details from weeks ago your company announced an anticipated loss for the year, despite three profitable quarters. In light of that, I think I have a pertinent rumor that I hope will be put to rest.

fifty30retard said:
Could you give us more details? What grapevine? That's a pretty serious allegation to make without providing specifics. I hear rumors all the time but if I were going to post a rumor on a message board I would provide a source. At least I would quote an anonymous friends brothers co-workers uncles next door neighbor.

What would be the point of providing a source on what is clearly a rumor and not fact?

I don't have specifics, because if I did, it wouldn't be a rumor. That is why I am asking here...

Heard it on the jumpseat in MCO.

That was not directed at you. As for as I know, its just rumor. Yes, we are talking about a 4th qtr loss and possibly a loss for the year, but I have not heard anything about missed or late payments to MCO. We just sold some more stock for I believe 175 million and all debtors are paid om schedule as of DEC 1st. I could be wrong but after looking through the company fillings and investor sites, it looks as if we are up to date with all financial obligations. The loss for the 4th qtr and for the year was based on gas prices being a bit higher than they are now and having to pay a tax penalty on crewmember stock options which they have to count as an expense...I believe its 9 million or so. I might be off a few million. I would not be suprised if we squeaked out a profit with the oil prices dropping and revenue levels higher than projected now. Yes, we did pull out of SMF to IAD becuase the loads were not where we would like to see them but I feel that the AC would and will be used on a more efficent route. I will keep my ear to the wall on the MCO rumor but I think it is just that, a rumor. I hope this helps.

Longhorn

The charts don't even speak as well as you would think...18.95 JBLU vs. 16.59 LUV. Both very close, and BOTH very good companies!! Maybe that's why everybody is always gunning for them...In case you haven't noticed, those that do the aiming seem to work someplace else...but wish they worked at B6 or WN...just my .02

Latest resources

Back