Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jb fo pay

Ask those you claim from USair, AA, DL/NWA, UA/CO, etc., if they hated their company prior to 9/11. After that date MGMT has taken a hard ball approach towards any improvements to employee benefits. They have slashed pay, retirements, benefits, etc. on the back of the line pilots, MX, FA's, etc.; all the while, while taking out big bonuses for themselves for meeting self regulated goals and gateways, and cutting employee expenses.

After you get "hit" on the head so many times by your MGMT team, who needs more and more concessions to meet THEIR goal for bonuses, yes you will most likely get bitter also. But, the bitterness is towards the MGMT of the company and not the company itself. I can almost guarantee you that any one of the ones you referred to as hating their company, really hate the way the company is run and the people who run it, and not the company itself.

Also ask any one of the pilots you claim hate their company if they would trade their position of having a CBA and a seat at the table when concessions are asked for; whether it is ALPA-APA-SWAPA etc., and no-matter how much they disagree with their Union, for a position of "Direct Relationship" without a seat at the table.

Just something to think about..........

Ask those you claim from USair, AA, DL/NWA, UA/CO, etc., if they hated their company prior to 9/11. After that date MGMT has taken a hard ball approach towards any improvements to employee benefits. They have slashed pay, retirements, benefits, etc. on the back of the line pilots, MX, FA's, etc.; all the while, while taking out big bonuses for themselves for meeting self regulated goals and gateways, and cutting employee expenses.

After you get "hit" on the head so many times by your MGMT team, who needs more and more concessions to meet THEIR goal for bonuses, yes you will most likely get bitter also. But, the bitterness is towards the MGMT of the company and not the company itself. I can almost guarantee you that any one of the ones you referred to as hating their company, really hate the way the company is run and the people who run it, and not the company itself.

Also ask any one of the pilots you claim hate their company if they would trade their position of having a CBA and a seat at the table when concessions are asked for; whether it is ALPA-APA-SWAPA etc., and no-matter how much they disagree with their Union, for a position of "Direct Relationship" without a seat at the table.

Agree...

Sorry, maybe I'm just incredibly dense, but I don't see a very large distinction between "hating your company" and "hating the way management runs the company." I haven't heard anyone at American say "Yeah, American is great. I just wish management wouldn't treat us like crap." It wouldn't make much sense to say that. Now, if you're talking about working with a good pilot group or something akin to that, I could see that. However, I wouldn't categorize that as "the company."

As for the CBA, I absolutely agree something legally enforceable is preferable.

aewannabe, he has it all figured out. Let him make his decision, and live with the results....

There are PLENTY of guys and gals that really want to be here, and would be a better choice.

Yes, PLENTY of guys and gals. 1/3 of the seniority list gets you junior lineholder status as a 320CA in JFK, so when B6 has 6600 pilots, you too can be a junior A320CA in JFK flying all weekends, holidays, and redeyes.

When will B6 have 6600 pilots?

Answer: NEVER.

Come to B6 and you will enjoy poor medical benefits and limited retirement with a lifetime in the right seat.

Find greener pastures.

Yes, PLENTY of guys and gals. 1/3 of the seniority list gets you junior lineholder status as a 320CA in JFK, so when B6 has 6600 pilots, you too can be a junior A320CA in JFK flying all weekends, holidays, and redeyes.

When will B6 have 6600 pilots?

Answer: NEVER.

Come to B6 and you will enjoy poor medical benefits and limited retirement with a lifetime in the right seat.

Find greener pastures.

But they get to fly the A320!!:rolleyes: I've heard some friends bragging on how they fly the "big" equipment, and that I need to upgrade from the "small" corporate jets. Must be compensating for something!! I tell them that they need to get over themselves. I get paid more, awesome benefits, more time off, don't have to commute, more enjoyable trips....BUT, it is a small jet. Hmmm, let me give that up to fly something bigger?? No way.
:beer:

Dang, my third year as FO at Allegiant I would have made about $106,000, but then I got called for upgrade and make even more. JetBlue's FO's are making less than that with a much longer upgrade and they still voted no for the union? Why would any mainline pilot ever vote down a union if you aren't even making six figures? There are way too many cowards in this business now days.

Scared people is right. Some of them are military pilots and scared out of their minds. Must have been some kind of military officers, right? Scared scared scared, and uneducated as well.

Latest resources

Back