Jan Decision Board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got the Call

Finally got "the call to continue" from the CP at Houston. Best of luck to everyone and hope to see you in a class soon!

TT - 2300 hrs.
PIC- 1300 hrs.
Interviewed: Nov. 16

November before december??

It looks like they are calling the november interview group now??? December yet to come i hope!!! Any truth to this logic????

Good luck all!:)

perhaps they didn't even get to all the dec interviews, there was concern that they couldn't do a full DB for both Nov/Dec last week in the time they had.

Here's the Skinny

When I talked to the people dept. today they told me this: (I am not speaking for SWA. Just passing what I heard. If this is wrong it's all on me.)

-There is only one class in Feb vs. the three they were talking about two months ago.
-They are talking about 3 classes in March which would probably empty the pool. This could change though and isn't official.
-Class dates are awarded based on when you interviewed (ie. 8 nov interview gets to class before 15 Nov interview).
-Based on the above information classes for the Nov interviewees could start somewhere around April-June.
-After your drug test it takes about 1 month to do the background checks and then you are officially in the pool. There's no phone call. No news is good news. You can call a month after the drug test if you want to check on your status, class updates, etc.

I hope that answers some questions. It did for me. Good luck everyone:)

Last edited:
I got the call from a dal chief pilot today.... :beer: my last name starts with a T and I live about fourty miles from bwi..........i had 5100 hrs total and 2200 hrs pic turbine when called for the interview and i have a regional airline background.....best of luck to all and congrats to those who have gotten the call!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back