• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I've discovered who the General is!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 717's do not park four to a gate. The 717's have business class seating. The 717's have overhead bins that can accomodate standard bags. The 717's have a much better economy of scale. So what if you can cram in 50-70-90 people into a stretched business jet and fly it 3 hours. You then have to wait for 25 minutes for all of the carry-ons to be brought to the jet bridge to reclaim.

Which is why we should get rid of the CRJ all together and have an all Embraer fleet capable of flying 70-100 passengers and mainline buys the airplaes and hires the regional pilots (DOH) and gets rid of all the "regional" carriers. Wishful thinking!

Nothing like dh home on a crj700/900 and then waiting 25+ mins to wait for bags to be brought up. Oh and having a wheelchair block 1 side of the jetbridge while 50-70+ passegers are standing on the other side. Smoooooooooooooooooth operation Skywest

Yep, and advocated for stronger scope at the mainline carriers the whole time.

Well that's mighty white of ya, but in the scheme of things, totally irrelevant.

Those godforsaken replacement jets represent the livelihood for a lot of people and their families including your former ALPA constituents at Pinnacle.

I think the jury is in: you're a shameless opportunist and bloviating Flightinfo wang.

I think the RJ issue came about after the Eagle ATR crash in '89 (year correct) the airline Passengers Association cam out and said props planes are unsafe. the Marketing geniuses went to work... Let's put an insert into the 601 airframe.

fast forward... flying turboprops in the 90's I heard many airports served by Piedmont had 73s flying in and out even half full. Not a problem.

we've come full circle... one narrow body full cuts one RJ departure out. Multiply it by 3000 and you have uncrowded skies. raise the price, cut supply and make money... problem solved.

Those godforsaken replacement jets represent the livelihood for a lot of people and their families including your former ALPA constituents at Pinnacle.

Which is exactly why I want them on the mainline list with an end to all outsourcing.

I think the jury is in: you're a shameless opportunist and bloviating Flightinfo wang.

Opportunist? This coming from an RJDC wanker? Nothing screams "opportunist" like an RJDC supporter.

... Also, the FAA should give preference to ALL airlines over bizjets if it is an airport with a certain amount of 121 flights per day. If a bizjet is delayed it only affects a few people where a 121 carrier gets massive downline problems.
121 flights should be allowed to be kept to their arrival and departure times first. The bizjets do not come close to paying the amount of support fees that airlines do so airlines should get preference...

That would be extremely funny if it weren't so homeless-guy-on-crack-and-xanax DELUSIONAL! Like you, I'm at a 121 carrier, but let's get a bit more realistic:

The people who ride in those bizjets (who consequently paid considerably more than even the most expensive ticket on one of our aircraft) are the ones who MAKE the rules. Asking for airline priority is like asking Bush/Cheney to raise taxes on big oil.

Also, what side of the industry has now set a new record for new aircraft orders for six years running? Hint-it isn't airlines.

Bizjets aren't a problem, frankly, I'd much rather taxi behind a Falcon than anything at a legacy-at least I know I'll get to the gate/runway faster than a multiple stroke victim astride a wheelchair with a dead battery. And I can name a couple of carriers that still don't know "without delay" means exactly that. Bizjets are in a hurry, we aren't.

Volume into hub airports all at the same time of day is the problem, RJ's, 777's-whatever. Ticket prices are the problem. Our continually declining pay is the problem. Maybe we should address all of the problems of our own making before we start tossing blame around to other aspects of aviation.

Oh, that's right, the last time I was number 43 for T/O at LGA it was all the gulfstreams in front of me...

:beer: Just givin' ya a hard time....

Those jets are what got you to Citrus. But I guess it's cool to talk down about us regional guys now that you've "moved up.":cool:

Airtran is nothing more then a regional with 30 more seats per plane. I dont concider it a mainline carrier.

Newsday: . If I were in charge, I'd say we're not going to let the low-cost airlines fly into the major airports. I wouldn't let JetBlue into Kennedy or LaGuardia.

Newsday: That sounds drastic?
General Lee (Bob Crandall): It's not. If you want to be a low-cost carrier, by all means go and be a low-cost carrier. But you can't fly into the major airports. The Europeans have been doing this for years. The low-cost carriers could go to outlying areas.

Newsday Guy: But you Major guys weren't interested in Kennedy until JetBlue started operating out of there right?
(Bob Crandall) : Who said I have had an original idea in my life! I just steal other peoples' ideas and then claim them as my own! :pimp:

Airtran is nothing more then a regional with 30 more seats per plane. I dont concider it a mainline carrier.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. :rolleyes:

Well, I agree with you there. It would be nice to have all the flying for one airline done by one list.

I just don't see how that's ever going to happen with pilots throwing each other under the bus in SLI's.

SLI with a regional is simple - you add them to the bottom - that's where they are now. If you like, maybe you could integrate the list by hourly rate which would give the most senior RJ captains a little movement into the mainline list. If you want to go the career expectations route that works too. An RJ capt has reached his career expectation at the regional so he stays exactly where he is.

PIPE

Which is exactly why I want them on the mainline list with an end to all outsourcing.

Then, you support Comair and ASA filing the PID in 2000? It's hard to tell when you characterize the effort only as a "seniority grab" (a lie widely disseminated
by - oh, you know).

Opportunist? This coming from an RJDC wanker? Nothing screams "opportunist" like an RJDC supporter.

So how are you going to avoid an apology to the RJDC and fashion a pro-ALPA screed when a group of Northwest pilots sue their union for exactly the same thing? Of course, the larger question is: will Occum's head explode in a dichotomy of mutually exclusive ejaculate?

Delta Pilots Start Voting On Merger-Friendly Contract

Thu, 01 May '08
But New Deal Would Not Cover Northwest's 5,000 Pilots

Some 7,400 pilots at Atlanta-based Delta Air Lines started voting Thursday on a new contract that would give them pay raises, and an equity stake in a merged Delta/Northwest Airlines megacarrier...but the deal leaves pilots at Northwest out in the cold...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back