• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Its on!!! (swa @ den)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
750 Frontier pilot apps on file in Dallas.

I think the senior members at Frontier sold out the rest of the group. We'll know the overall outcome in 5-10 years.

Sounds like only one or two pilots vetoed it, right? Were those applications only to SWA, or maybe SWA and some other airlines too? Oh wait, it was a bum deal for everyone. I guess SWA didn't really want to come to ATL and get gate space, or get DCA slots. Why? Because it was not worth it..... And maybe in 5-10 years you FOs can finally upgrade, and maybe by then you will have a DEN crew base...

Bye Bye---General Lee

International route?

DCA? ATL?

Nope. Coulda Woulda Shoulda

jr Sw guys let Herb and Co down

Bedford and his team outbid Kelly anyway. He got his arse kicked.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sure you do. I hope you made the right decision. I just think you made the wrong decision. It will take some time but in the end you will realize that it was the wrong decision. Sorry, but that is my opinion. F9 will not be F9 after it is all over. Good luck, you need it.

Since you're pretty good at predicting the future, can you please pm me with Wednesday's powerball #'s? Just don't post them here!;)
Thanks.

well...considering we only have 650 pilots...of which 59 are on furlough...i think your numbers are a little off...kinda like your logic.

Don't you just love the level of brilliance here on FI?

Most of the F9 guys I've talked to say they threw applications in everywhere (including SWA) last summer (2008) because of the conventional wisdom that F9 couldn't weather the oil crisis. Not many of those guys say that they would go there now. SWA is a good company to work for I'm sure, but so is Frontier. Don't take it personal if not everyone wants to give up what they have to fly for your company. General Lee would agree with that logic, right? And Cometman, if you don't have a dog in this fight, why are you such a prick to the F9 guys? You come off sounding like a teenager.

USMC, I'm looking at getting on with a major. What is F9's pay scale? Will it be whatever Republic's is? I don't wan't to work for sh!t money. Am I better off getting a Republic job and trying to get a quick upgrade to the airbus, or a SWA job and a slower upgrade? Thanks in advance!

USMC, I'm looking at getting on with a major. What is F9's pay scale? Will it be whatever Republic's is? I don't wan't to work for sh!t money. Am I better off getting a Republic job and trying to get a quick upgrade to the airbus, or a SWA job and a slower upgrade? Thanks in advance!

Tanker Clown,
You pose an interesting question. SWA or Frontier, Frontier or SWA hmmm. I think SWA would be better for you. Primarily so that you could go around taunting your fellow aviators with the catch phrase "Its On".

Nobody has stated the obvious. There are two ways an airline can compete. Either they have better service or dominate a hub and have better feed.
F9 provides a better product than SWA. Given a choice, surely most people would rather ride on F9 than SWA? For sure that would be the case for people that live in DEN. United still has the most feed and stronger hub, so it seems to me SWA could screw themselves in DEN if UAL survives.

Oh yeah, "It's on!"???
What a moronic statement.
Turn off the lights and go back to playing with your SWA wings.
Most of the SWA folks I've met are no where near the tool you sound like.

Latest resources

Back