• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Its on!!! (swa @ den)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like only one or two pilots vetoed it, right? Were those applications only to SWA, or maybe SWA and some other airlines too? Oh wait, it was a bum deal for everyone. I guess SWA didn't really want to come to ATL and get gate space, or get DCA slots. Why? Because it was not worth it..... And maybe in 5-10 years you FOs can finally upgrade, and maybe by then you will have a DEN crew base...

Bye Bye---General Lee

What are you talking about? Did you already get malaria from Africa? Nothing your talking about even fits into what's being discussed.

My numbers may be off slightly but it has been confirmed that there are a tremendous amount of Frontier apps on file in Dallas. Tells me that most junior F9 pilots would rather be on the bottom of the SW list if left to their own devices. (Their decision. And they may have apps in other places as well)

Sorry General, there's no other way to spin that.

What are you talking about? Did you already get malaria from Africa? Nothing your talking about even fits into what's being discussed.

My numbers may be off slightly but it has been confirmed that there are a tremendous amount of Frontier apps on file in Dallas. Tells me that most junior F9 pilots would rather be on the bottom of the SW list if left to their own devices. (Their decision. And they may have apps in other places as well)

Sorry General, there's no other way to spin that.

Hey, too senior to go to Africa, but you already knew that. Anyway, you guys are the cockiest bunch around. As the other guy stated, everyone had their apps out (to more than just SWA) when high oil threatened F9. Quit being so full of yourself. Sure, your pay rates are great, but you fly an ugly 737-300 with no EFIS from ELP to AUS, and then onto BNA and CMH. Good for you. Sure, many of the junior F9 pilots would have loved to go to SWA, but I am sure most of them felt your offer sucked, and they did tell you NO THANKS. Now, your own upgrades are delayed, your crew base in DEN is delayed, no ATL or DCA slots/gates, and no INTL flying for you. Any spin there? Nope---just the truth and nothing but the truth. Just remember, the F9 guys didn't want this particular slogan: "It's IN." You tried to give it to them in the form of a Chit Sandwich.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Actually Kelly got just what he wanted. He knew the judge would not accept any bid from us without a Labor Deal. But, by making the deal cost RAH more he weakened a rival. $$$$

TO ALL:
COMETMAN is not a WN pilot. Please do not take his posts or his cockiness as the position or feelings of anyone at WN.

Most everyone I talk to on a reg. basis[and myself] have friends at F9. As stated by our union president, we wish nothing but the best for the pilots of F9.

The rhetoric of the few here, who love to stir the pot, has somehow been interpreted as how our [WN] pilot group feels and thinks. Please ignore the trolls.

Good luck and to our friends at F9....beers are on me when I see any of you on my overnights.

-FR8

Thanks for pointing out that I am not a SWA pilot. I am saying the same thing SWA pilots say, that is, F9 will regret the decision they made. This is just my point of view just like the view of most other SWA pilots.

QUOTE]
Your numbers are way off...but as has been said, after we filed Chapter 11 back in april of 2008, i think it is safe to say that about 90 percent of us turned in at least one application to another carrier. Not because we really wanted to, but things were looking bleak, and you never know. I have hear 450 or so apps at Southwest, but the number is irrelevent. The fact is, that assuming that we all wanted to be on the bottom of the Southwest seniority list, would be incorrect.

Good lord-it didn't happen- shut up about it already

USMC, I'm looking at getting on with a major. What is F9's pay scale? Will it be whatever Republic's is? I don't wan't to work for sh!t money. Am I better off getting a Republic job and trying to get a quick upgrade to the airbus, or a SWA job and a slower upgrade? Thanks in advance!

tankerclown/crj567:
Why don't you just apply to Gulfstream International?
They have great pay, and you can have the government pay for it.
Becuase right now, you don't have sh!t for time or experience, so you could get some there.
Also, it would stop you from giving out $5 favors in the airport restrooms, and from working Wendy's on the weekends, so you could be home and spend more time with your parents.

General,

Why keep spouting off about ATL or DCA slots, or going international? It's not that big of a deal. SWA still makes money and takes care of their employees without it... talk about someone being self absorbed.

SW will go to those places in time, but for now.. who cares except you?

Are the Frontier pilots in any better shape with Bedford? I don't think so, but it will have to play out in the end.

I am not a WN guy but apparently you could not resist the temptation to respond. It is all for reading enjoyment. Enjoy.

....uhhhh yeah, you just like to talk like you are one...

I'm watching you bud. Mess up again and "It's On!":D

Let me also say, you have no clue what you are talking about...and with you being in neither company, you really have no reason to give a $hit. Kinda weird in my book.

....uhhhh yeah, you just like to talk like you are one...

I'm watching you bud. Mess up again and "It's On!":D

Let me also say, you have no clue what you are talking about...and with you being in neither company, you really have no reason to give a $hit. Kinda weird in my book.

I guess you have nothing to do either. You are right I don"t give a ********************, but it is fun watching jack asses like you respond to it. Maybe you should put me on your ignore list. But then again, I don't give a ********************.

Latest resources

Back