• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Its on!!! (swa @ den)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually Kelly got just what he wanted. He knew the judge would not accept any bid from us without a Labor Deal. But, by making the deal cost RAH more he weakened a rival. $$$$

Bedford didn't change his original bid, and he went into the bidding process not really knowing if there would be other players. Sounds like you are wrong.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

Why keep spouting off about ATL or DCA slots, or going international? It's not that big of a deal. SWA still makes money and takes care of their employees without it... talk about someone being self absorbed.

SW will go to those places in time, but for now.. who cares except you?

Are the Frontier pilots in any better shape with Bedford? I don't think so, but it will have to play out in the end.

It's about what you could have had. The analysts saw it too. ATL gates and DCA slots are hard to get, and your own pilots wanted to fly INTL, since management didn't trust you.

The F9 pilots are in better shape now then when they were on the brink of liquidation. I think their situation may get better with better financial backing, and their work rules and pay raises will have to come out of future negotiations. We at DL lost a lot during our BK, and we are starting to get some of that back. Heck, you used our rates to get your last contract increase, and we hope to use yours during our next negotiations.

So, just drop the "F9 pilots are going to wish they had taken our krappy offer of a staple" attitude and realize that you both lost. Had you been more fair, you would now rule DEN, had quicker upgrades, and grown larger, faster. Kelly never saw that freight train coming called Bedford. Instead, he was working on a new slogan "It's ON."

Bye Bye--General Lee

All this means is SWA will try to combat their losses in DEN with more expansion. A costly game of spend more to make more. They will be succesful but I wonder where the tipping point will be.

ITS ON.......more like on the line!

You are right...they will still be bleeding in DEN. This won't stop it. They are getting crushed in DEN....

So which is it General?

1. They had tremedous value and should have gotten more than complete pay and domicle protection, or

2. The pilots saw the bankruptcy handwriting on the wall and shotgunned out the applications to any and all carriers? (can't say I blame them)

You can't really argue out of both sides of your mouth. They either had bargianing power or they didn't. Not slamming the F9 guys, just a horrible place to be. I'm worried for them now, I believe Bedford will show his true colors eventually.

Someone else made the point that if SW didn't at least throw in a bid, Republic would have gotten F9 for close to nothing. This way that had to pony up quite a bit more than originally planned.

Someone else made the point that if SW didn't at least throw in a bid, Republic would have gotten F9 for close to nothing. This way that had to pony up quite a bit more than originally planned.

This statement is completely and utterly false. Republic's monetary offer did not change after the SWA offer, they merely dropped some of their restrictions and opted out of the Unsecured Creditor's piece of the pie, which amounted to about half of what Frontier made in profits for the month of July.

Ya'all like sour grapes? How do ya like them sour grapes?

Are you serious?

They dropped their debtor in possesion. You're saying they didn't lose anything? Really?

No sour grapes at all. Enjoy Republic. Owned by a regional. I never thought I'd see the day.

"IT'S ON"....

For all you that are getting your panties in a bunch about the thread title - it was in referring to the SWA advertising slogan... Grab your BAG - It's on!!

Thank you very much - please drive through.....

So which is it General?

1. They had tremedous value and should have gotten more than complete pay and domicle protection, or

2. The pilots saw the bankruptcy handwriting on the wall and shotgunned out the applications to any and all carriers? (can't say I blame them)

You can't really argue out of both sides of your mouth. They either had bargianing power or they didn't. Not slamming the F9 guys, just a horrible place to be. I'm worried for them now, I believe Bedford will show his true colors eventually.

I am not saying two different things from my keyboard. The pilots pre-BK knew things weren't great, but they didn't just give up and quit. At the same time, there were TWO bids for F9---meaning F9 was gonna make it. The BK judge said the pilot contract was valid, and that meant the pilots would be a part of any deal. Kelly could see value, or he wouldn't have made a bid, and the SWA pilots could see upgrades, a DEN base, and flying that their own management could get (ATL/DCA), along with flying their own management wouldn't allow them to do (INTL). That should have been enough "bait" to make a fair deal. But noooooooooooo. SWAPA wanted it all, and got way way greedy. Kelly thought the F9 guys would bend over and say "it's in" (the new SWA slogan). Both were wrong. Now, F9 is controlled by a fiscally strong company, and will survive another day to compete with SWA, and make it tougher for them to turn a profit in DEN. Oh well.......

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back