Its on!!! (swa @ den)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Private Lee,

I might agree with you on this HOWEVER do you really think that the Frontier guys expectations were reasonable?? They certainly were not in a position of strength yet dealt as though they were in the "pilots seat" .

I hate to see anybody out of a job but they all WILL regret the day they followed the path they chose.

Bus

Wow, this shows more of your cockiness. A lot of your group thinks this way, and it is classic. You guys were offering them a ridiculous package, that offered nothing for their value, and Kelly then got his arse wupped by Bedford. Your own faster upgrades were diminished, and your certain profitability in DEN will now be prolonged. But hey, other than that, you guys at least know that you all are FANTASTIC at SWA......go pat yourselves on the back as you run for food between your 25 minute turns, for the rest of your careers.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wow, this shows more of your cockiness. A lot of your group thinks this way, and it is classic. You guys were offering them a ridiculous package, that offered nothing for their value, and Kelly then got his arse wupped by Bedford. Your own faster upgrades were diminished, and your certain profitability in DEN will now be prolonged. But hey, other than that, you guys at least know that you all are FANTASTIC at SWA......go pat yourselves on the back as you run for food between your 25 minute turns, for the rest of your careers.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why would any company give F9 anything but a staple. They were in Chapter 11. Their value was in pieces not as a whole. They should be thankful for what they were offered. They were lucky they had a choice between SWA and Republic. They picked Republic and they will live with it. If F9 was such a great opportunity for SWA as you seem to think, then why were they in Chapter 11? When are in this position you have to step back and see if anybody wants to buy what you have left. Then take the best offer. In this case they took Republic. They deserve nothing more than a staple.

Oh no, here we go again with WN guys bringing up the botched F9 deal. Get a life, obviously you are really upset and can't understand why F9 went with RAH over you.

Life was so pleasant for the last couple weeks on FI w/o some of you WN guys repeating yourselves over and over again.

All this means is SWA will try to combat their losses in DEN with more expansion. A costly game of spend more to make more. They will be succesful but I wonder where the tipping point will be.

ITS ON.......more like on the line!

Oh no, here we go again with WN guys bringing up the botched F9 deal. Get a life, obviously you are really upset and can't understand why F9 went with RAH over you.

Life was so pleasant for the last couple weeks on FI w/o some of you WN guys repeating yourselves over and over again.

I am not a WN guy but apparently you could not resist the temptation to respond. It is all for reading enjoyment. Enjoy.

Airtran is also throwing an additional 737 flight from DEN-MKE this fall in addition to the startup of MKE-IND and MKE-PIT. Looks like Republic going to have increasing competition in DEN and MKE from Southwest and Airtran. We will see if Bedford made the right decision and is worth his CEO pay or not.

As long as the industry rewards you by seniority then this is the way it has to be. F9 was not in a position to demand anything, especially what they demanded. This is life, get use to it. Some have good luck and some have bad luck. You never know how life will turn out. F9 will have to live with their decision. Unfortunately, it probably will be a bad choice they made.
The day this deal closes and i still have a job the next day it will have been the right choice for me, and for several thousand other Frontier employees. Some of them may or may not have jobs in 12 months, but maybe, just maybe...we 'pilots' did feel some loyalty to the other groups at Frontier, not just thinking 'me, me, me' as many other pilot groups do? There are no sure decisions in the airline industry when it comes to picking a career. The original Southwesties were laughed at and mocked by their 'mainline' competition for working for a low paying start-up. You never know.

Cometman,
I don't care who you work for, you have your opinion and we (F9) have ours.

An each group that does it, does not learn from the past, and is happy to do it.

The Morris folks got lucky due the continued growth and success, the Muse folks got a dose of reality as did the ATA folks. I would say that there is a possibility that the Frontier folks did learn from the past.

LUV is a great employer, there is no doubt. The downside for the rest, is that if you are the competition that they see as a threat, they can be merciless...

Good luck to all.

Skipper

Cometman,
I don't care who you work for, you have your opinion and we (F9) have ours.

Sure you do. I hope you made the right decision. I just think you made the wrong decision. It will take some time but in the end you will realize that it was the wrong decision. Sorry, but that is my opinion. F9 will not be F9 after it is all over. Good luck, you need it.

Latest resources

Back