• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official...The 717's are going to Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know why guys are bickering with each other here. This whole thing is on Gary Kelly. There's not a pilot on either side that had a single thing to do with this. If you aren't happy put all your anger towards GK.

It doesn't matter now...the SLI is over. The ink is dry and we have to move on. Holding grudges against your fellow pilots will do nothing. I'm not happy about this merger either, but it is done. Something else is about to happen. If history serves, it will not be good for the pilots....especially the junior ones.

SWA says 'You're welcome' for that contract you currently have. No sweat.

Actually Wave, this contract really isn't that great. The junior folks made out alright at the expense of the senior folks. A lot of us are not really thanking you. Next you're going to somehow take credit for AirTran hiring us in the first place, thereby giving us the opportunity to be aquired by Southwest.

It doesn't matter now...the SLI is over. The ink is dry and we have to move on. Holding grudges against your fellow pilots will do nothing. I'm not happy about this merger either, but it is done. Something else is about to happen. If history serves, it will not be good for the pilots....especially the junior ones.

Can't even handle what's on the plate now. Eating more will cause death.

SWA says 'You're welcome' for that contract you currently have. No sweat.

You do realize that this contract also allowed for bigger RJ's? You want credit for it, you can take the credit for all of it. You're giving Delta guys ******************** for selling out and you wants thanks for a contract that increased the size of RJ's we could code share with.

So, given what's happening now at AT with the 717's what was the point of the whole flush bid? What happens after 1/1/15 when there are still 717's (and maybe 737's) on the AT side and those pilots can use their use their global seniority to bid out of bases and aircraft? Will the remaining 737 pilots who were awarded 717 be moved over now? If not how does this affect seniority within equipment on the AT side? Which FO's get moved to SW in what order to get the big pay raise now? What about pilots who live in Atlanta?

This thing is really messed up now, what will the AT union do when the company comes asking for more flexibility? Seniority has been thrown out the window when it comes to the transition process. The transition flows that pilots looked at when they did their system bid are now totally different. I get that AT pilots are not SW pilots and will not be treated as such or paid as such until they cross the fence but is it really necessary to keep making things worse on the AT side? I guess this is tough LUV.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back