• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's official. Pinnacle mgt asking for 5% paycut for pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
true. but the constant schedule changes have cost pncl a lot of money and there seems to be no point to it other than to bankrupt them.

Suupah, you are thinking too much like a pilot and putting far too much importance on what is going on in that bubble called PNCL. Much like when many pilots think that management are out to get them. Ok, sometimes they are, but in most cases they are making business decisions that negatively affect the pilot. IOW, we are not as important as we like to think we are where management feels the need to constantly screw us on purpose. They do it enough by accident everyday.

Delta didn't do anything to intentionally cause the bankruptcy of PNCL. If you truly look at the changes that have taken place across the system then you will see that PNCL is not the only one being jerked around. Everyone is having to shift the chairs around due to shifts in flying. That includes all of the contract carriers and mainline. So while that may have an effect on PNCL it wasn't done to deliberately bankrupt the company, it was a business decision.

It's not about to get any better. With the new NY flying things are going to get worse, not better.

Fences: no more upgrades on the jets for Colgan!!

Yes, because all colgan pilots want to fly the jet. Actually, only 10% bid it without being displaced, but dont let me get you wrong. Everyone wants your jet. While you are worried about who gets the upgrade, Menke is raiding you company, 401K, asking for concessions etc. If you were are Pinncale pilot, you haven't seen a significant raise since 99. If you are a Mesaba pilot, it's status quo since 04. If you are a colgan pilot, it's the lottery. You gained a pay raise, while your cohorts have taken losses or stayed the same. But dont count out the Colgans. Not all of then were hired post 08. It's time to take a stand. Remember the "paid in full " shirts handed out 3 years ago? 121 million to pay off our debt?

Non represented groups are getting a pay freeze while you are asked to give up 5%. Fair? I don't think so. 3000 pilots paid some sort of price to get where we are today. Pinnacle in lost wages, mesaba in concessionary wages, or colgan in slave wages. Take your pick. Good luck

I've said it before and I'll say it again: 11-09 is what has really screwed us up, and while both Colgan and Mesaba gained immensely at the expense of Pinnacle, 11-09 needs to go away and be redone better.

flyer you are high! on drugs, oh and a jack hole.

wake up and smell what you are cooking, so you still think "all" of mesaba gained from all of this, hey jerk, it was only the precious top 1/4 that gained in the SLI, and in 11-09 was a disaster for most of our FO's and jr captains.....I might say JR captains because we lost seniority to both Pinnacle and most definitely Colgan.

poor poor flyer........come on over and let me slap some sense into you.....are you this delusional when you work? I hope not, you might be a danger to us all

Oh I might add I vote no. The will ask for 5% AND if our union are fools, they will give it faster than Block stole my seniority (longevity). The company also wants concessions on the 11-09 award. The only way they can do that is to go against Blocks decision. So if our union agrees to that, that should in effect negate the entire award. Maybe I will get my seniority back!

Along that line of thought, hey guess what will happen after we give 5%? A bankruptcy with any ole judge will rape the 11-09 award as the training will cost too much. Good luck on bidding where your seniority can hold!

Oh and for you clueless idiots out there....flyer this one is for you......if you are so mad about mesaba and our saabs being taken away and that being a drag on your career, guess what? your 150 crj's that Delta will take away by 2017 (sooner if they can in a 9E bankruptcy) is way worse than a few Saabs! Jesus christ I cannot beleive every captain at 9E was placed above all around my seniority! even with all the saabs leaving, the flow, and normal attrition I was assured a Jet captain position, but now, with all your crjs leaving, I am a JR Fo at best with Pinnacle having only 900's and Q's......this is the road I see ahead of us...worse case scenerio

flyer you are high! on drugs, oh and a jack hole.

wake up and smell what you are cooking, so you still think "all" of mesaba gained from all of this, hey jerk, it was only the precious top 1/4 that gained in the SLI, and in 11-09 was a disaster for most of our FO's and jr captains.....I might say JR captains because we lost seniority to both Pinnacle and most definitely Colgan.

poor poor flyer........come on over and let me slap some sense into you.....are you this delusional when you work? I hope not, you might be a danger to us all

XJ, what year were you physically hired?

Whether you like it or not, 11-09 will have to be redone or modified severely, through either a union concession or by a bankruptcy judge. A matter of when, not if!

Oh I might add I vote no. The will ask for 5% AND if our union are fools, they will give it faster than Block stole my seniority (longevity). The company also wants concessions on the 11-09 award. The only way they can do that is to go against Blocks decision. So if our union agrees to that, that should in effect negate the entire award. Maybe I will get my seniority back!

Along that line of thought, hey guess what will happen after we give 5%? A bankruptcy with any ole judge will rape the 11-09 award as the training will cost too much. Good luck on bidding where your seniority can hold!
Agreed with above! Vote NO!

Oh and for you clueless idiots out there....flyer this one is for you......if you are so mad about mesaba and our saabs being taken away and that being a drag on your career, guess what? your 150 crj's that Delta will take away by 2017 (sooner if they can in a 9E bankruptcy) is way worse than a few Saabs! Jesus christ I cannot beleive every captain at 9E was placed above all around my seniority! even with all the saabs leaving, the flow, and normal attrition I was assured a Jet captain position, but now, with all your crjs leaving, I am a JR Fo at best with Pinnacle having only 900's and Q's......this is the road I see ahead of us...worse case scenerio

XJhawk, true, but 2017 is still 6 years away, and that's a loooong time in terms of regional airline industry. In 2003, Air Wis renewed their BAE-146 contract with United Express. 6 years later, not only were the BAEs long gone, but they were a US Air Express carrier. We'll worry about 2017 when it gets here. Here's a fact for your ignorant mind: Pinnacle by itself was never facing bankruptcy. Only after buying two carriers, one of them parking 40% of its fleet, then allowing *everyone* to move around what their seniority allows them to hold did we find ourselves in a serious cash crunch. Delta will not reimburse us as everyone is expecting for this merger, and they shouldn't. If I was a Delta executive, I would not be giving out money to reimburse a Colgan pilot's movement, or any US Air/UniCal movement.

You are correct about our future. If we declare BK, which I think will happen regardless of whether or not we give the 5%, the CRJ-200 contracts are all up to be cut. Delta will excercise their option, they've made it clear they want to reduce the 50-seat jets, and this will give them an easy way to do it. I don't think we'll lose every single CRJ-200, but we will lose plenty.

Plenty of XJ pilots benefited besides the top 25%. The Saabs were gone no matter what, and now we have plenty of happy SF3CA taking all the upgrade spots that would have been going to pinnacle pilots. If it wasn't for 9E there would have been massive downgrades and furloughs at XJ.

Plenty of XJ pilots benefited besides the top 25%. The Saabs were gone no matter what, and now we have plenty of happy SF3CA taking all the upgrade spots that would have been going to pinnacle pilots. If it wasn't for 9E there would have been massive downgrades and furloughs at XJ.

The above is true. XJHawk, what do you think Mesaba would have looked like if it was just 41 CRJ-900s and 19 CRJ-200s? Downgrades and furloughs.

Vote no...that's a laugh.

1. 96% of the group voted yes on this contract

2. Look at who's driving the MEC now, look real hard at the history during other financial hardships, look hard at the results...you'll see exactly where this is going, and it won't stop at 5%.

I agree, vote no, over and over.

The time has come to burn it down, but we don't have the balls of the American union to say no and force the company's hand.

This is all part of Delta's grand scheme to force Pinnacle into Bankrupcy so it can rid itself of even more CRJs. Sucks for you guys but definetly needed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back