Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flyer,

Give it a rest.

Delta/Northwest was going to smash us together no matter what. They came up with that plan before you were even hired. So, you, hawk, and every other person still spouting this "If this merger never had happened I would be......" STOP.

THERE IS AND NEVER WAS ANOTHER OPTION!!! THIS IS WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!! IT HAPPENED. GET OVER IT!

Now on to the topic at hand;

Just say no.

Bankruptcy wasn't that bad last time, I'm ready to do it again.

Actually, we don't need to worry General Lee was suppose to tell me how we can scope all our Delta flying so we won't lose any of it.
Please General tell us poor regional folks how to stay out of bankruptcy.

Flyer,

Give it a rest.

Delta/Northwest was going to smash us together no matter what. They came up with that plan before you were even hired. So, you, hawk, and every other person still spouting this "If this merger never had happened I would be......" STOP.

THERE IS AND NEVER WAS ANOTHER OPTION!!! THIS IS WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!! IT HAPPENED. GET OVER IT!

Now on to the topic at hand;

Just say no.

Bankruptcy wasn't that bad last time, I'm ready to do it again.

Actually, we don't need to worry General Lee was suppose to tell me how we can scope all our Delta flying so we won't lose any of it.
Please General tell us poor regional folks how to stay out of bankruptcy.

Actually, NWA and Delta didn't even merge until 2008, and I was hired well before that time. My original binders still say "Northwest Airlink." And bankruptcy wasn't "that bad last time" sentiment better dissipate quick, or you're in for a bad surprise.

flyer..I was hired in 2003. and MEsaba is not the reason for pinnacles mismanagement. I do not blame the fine pinnacle pilots that I know.....I may not like the idiots who hate and blame the mesaba pilots....but I do not blame the pilots. There is a big difference between you and me, I am not blaming the pinnacle pilots as you do to us.

And as for you ALTMAKLR, you think MEsaba would have been worse off if we were not bought by Pinnacle? You are crazy. okay so we would have furloughed and there would have been some down grades. Then we would have rebid for more flying somewhere. Oh wait, there will most likely be furloughs if we lose crj 200's and down grades. What is the big difference? Well all but the top 1/4 of mesaba did not fair well on the SLI. those in my group 01-04 hires lost a lot. If we lose 50 seaters and go down to a 900 and Q fleet, I will be a JR FO at best with my new ALPA ized seniority at Pinnacle while if we were not Pinnacle and I had my pre ALPA/BLOCK seniority, I would have been a downgraded captain to a SEnior FO in my home town with a look to upgrading when the flows started again. but.....we will never know...

you think MEsaba would have been worse off if we were not bought by Pinnacle? You are crazy. okay so we would have furloughed and there would have been some down grades.
This is the funniest response I've ever read. I didn't know they let schizophrenics fly airplanes. Oh and XJHawk, there is nothing stopping you from downgrading yourself now. Go spend some time with the kiddos.

There's a lot of finger pointing going on in this thread, I might as well join in.

Here's who I blame:

• Pinnacle management for having no ideas.
  • Mesaba management for having only terrible, stupid, and costly ideas.
  • Phil Trenary for pointing the plane at the ground and pulling the eject handle. "Your controls."
  • Don Breeding for spending more time on the golf course than putting out the flames at the company.
  • Sean Menke for letting the union run the integration with little or no regard for the bottom line. Only now when they realized they're broke is he intervening. Too little, too late. You can't have my paycheck.
  • Mesaba's MEC for being rigid and inflexible in creating an integration plan. And whipping up some dumb*ss ideas, like 11-09. What better way to kill a regional airline than to flush the whole d*mn seniority system. Way to go, guys. Way to go.
  • Mesaba in general. If it had been profitable to Delta, then they wouldn't have wanted to spin you off. Mesaba was, and still is, an obvious drain to whichever parent company owns it.
  • Phil Trenary again. It was pure ego and hubris of Nonconnah that made them think they could save the Saabs. They thought they could do anything. Boy, they were wrong.
  • Pinnacle's negotiating team. First for proposing a stupid, lopsided plan. Second, for not having their crap together. Third, for thinking that arbitration was a good idea. And last, for not fighting back when the fences were awarded so disproportionately. But hey, vacations are important too.
  • All the Colgan pilots with shiny jet syndrome who decided to overload the training department by crossing over. I hope that extra 5 bucks/hr in the CRJ was worth a 5% giveback and a Chapter 11 filing.
Did I leave anyone out?

Last edited:
Ahh another regional FO who thinks he's a business guru

Sweet, every single word in your reply was wrong.

"It's no use flyer. Some XJ still have a superiority complex about themselves and NW/DL, and will never admit their pilot group was 6 months away from being the next comair before pinnacle bought them. "

Superiority complex?

We've been getting the crapped kicked out of us for the majority of the decade. The simple fact remains; we were going to be merged together. Doesn't take a business guru to figure that one out.

Sorry you can't deal with reality.

Pinnacle (and I mean that collectively) will probably be the next Comair.

You think it is just a coincidence that you got sent out to JFK?

JFK: the base Delta sends regional airlines to die.

Last edited:
Actually, NWA and Delta didn't even merge until 2008, and I was hired well before that time. My original binders still say "Northwest Airlink." And bankruptcy wasn't "that bad last time" sentiment better dissipate quick, or you're in for a bad surprise.

Yeah, but they came up with all this s*&t in 05, (Coincidence that XJ was in bankruptcy too, I think not.)

And what bad surprise is that?

I've been through this crap for 12 years. I'm really not jumping on you, I'm trying to tell all of you to relax. I got all upset during the last bankruptcy and you know what? It was a huge waste of time.

This whole thing is going to take a while, and frankly there isn't much you or I can do about it.

This is the funniest response I've ever read. I didn't know they let schizophrenics fly airplanes. Oh and XJHawk, there is nothing stopping you from downgrading yourself now. Go spend some time with the kiddos.

There's a lot of finger pointing going on in this thread, I might as well join in.

Here's who I blame:

• Pinnacle management for having no ideas.
  • Mesaba management for having only terrible, stupid, and costly ideas.
  • Phil Trenary for pointing the plane at the ground and pulling the eject handle. "Your controls."
  • Don Breeding for spending more time on the golf course than putting out the flames at the company.
  • Sean Menke for letting the union run the integration with little or no regard for the bottom line. Only now when they realized they're broke is he intervening. Too little, too late. You can't have my paycheck.
  • Mesaba's MEC for being rigid and inflexible in creating an integration plan. And whipping up some dumb*ss ideas, like 11-09. What better way to kill a regional airline than to flush the whole d*mn seniority system. Way to go, guys. Way to go.
  • Mesaba in general. If it had been profitable to Delta, then they wouldn't have wanted to spin you off. Mesaba was, and still is, an obvious drain to whichever parent company owns it.
  • Phil Trenary again. It was pure ego and hubris of Nonconnah that made them think they could save the Saabs. They thought they could do anything. Boy, they were wrong.
  • Pinnacle's negotiating team. First for proposing a stupid, lopsided plan. Second, for not having their crap together. Third, for thinking that arbitration was a good idea. And last, for not fighting back when the fences were awarded so disproportionately. But hey, vacations are important too.
  • All the Colgan pilots with shiny jet syndrome who decided to overload the training department by crossing over. I hope that extra 5 bucks/hr in the CRJ was worth a 5% giveback and a Chapter 11 filing.
Did I leave anyone out?

Interesting read. But, your list is too biased against mesaba, and ignores 9E pilots failures throughout the process. 9E management and 9E pilots are primarily to blame... The original management, not Sean so much.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back