• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official: Flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was wondering why people like to chase after things. I mean think about it, right now the upgrade at Netjets is about 4 years, so by the time someone gets on that just put in the resume might be another 6 months. So if you are an FO at another frac or regional, you will have been an FO and lower pay for lets say 5 to 6 years. But what is the upgrade time at your current gig. And if you were never a captian, any where before you will have probly been an FO for around 8 to 10 years. That is alot of SIC time.

Alot of us don't really care about upgrade time. We are looking long term. The sad thing is, you could be a 4 yr ca at flex and still get a nice pay raise by going to netjets. Its great to see all of the cards being sent in over here lately. After reading the BB its obvious its just going to be more of the same for year to come. That being said, I think I've had enough. Can't wait to get home so I can get my resume together.

Last edited:
read the BB!!!

Link to: Crew Advisory Board

If the post you are talking about is the meeting the CAB had with DG and DS, there is nothing definative in that. It just talks about what they discussed. They didn't say one way or the other about bases, pay, reduction in schedule. Plus that meeting happened before Dec 7th. This is what really pushes me away from unions. Pro-union types that will say anything and use sensationalize headlines to spread misinformation around.

While we dont have a clear understanding of what the company surprise will be, what we have heard leaves alot to be desired. Management is fishing. They will apply just enough enhancement to make 51% of the folks happy, and nothing more. The big question is are we gonna roll over and take this? I'm up for a good fight. Even if you are thinking about leaving or trying to leave, I simply ask that you still join in the movement and provide the support we need. Send in the cards, and try to muster as much support from your peers as you can.

Yeah, the upgrade time is something to consider for sure. If all things remain constant and the upgrade sticks at two years at Flex....you would make more in the short term at Flex. However, you would have to be on the road 28 days more a year to do that. 208 days a year with the 16 days on per period compared to the 7/7 at NJ. And then of course there is the PIC time which could be worth its own.

But after you upgrade at NJ all bets are off and the pay is significantly better and then you're still working 28 days less a year.

If the post you are talking about is the meeting the CAB had with DG and DS, there is nothing definative in that. It just talks about what they discussed. They didn't say one way or the other about bases, pay, reduction in schedule. Plus that meeting happened before Dec 7th. This is what really pushes me away from unions. Pro-union types that will say anything and use sensationalize headlines to spread misinformation around.

No, just read the abbreviated minutes of our all employee meeting as transcribed by a fellow cre...crew.. Hell, another pilot.

Go stick your head back in the sand Cool Aid Drinker!!

And I mean that in a nice way.

This is what really pushes me away from unions

Ya know its funny to hear this, so if your pushed away from the union the only other direction is to be pushed in the companys direction, and.......how is that working out. There are only two sides to this game, not 3. So what kind of a person, will allow another person, so much power over that persons brain, and make said person change their mind. How weak is your thought process in the first place?

You talk about
Pro-union types that will say anything and use sensationalize headlines to spread misinformation around.

So over here at FLOPS we hear this everyday from management, so I ask you which side are you on? There is a hard defined line, your either with your peirs or with management. Nothing wrong with either side, both are in this business to make money. You are messed up in the brain to think otherwise.

If the post you are talking about is the meeting the CAB had with DG and DS, there is nothing definative in that. I

Japhy...come on man. Nobody is spreading mis-information, we are just better informed than you. Go look again on the BB, there is a thread there about the meeting 2 days ago.

Japhy all though you are allowed to have your own opinion if you listen to the folks who have been here at Flex for any length of time you will hear the same tired story over and over. When it comes time to answer a competitors package Flex responds with minimal amount to keep a few people happy.
The Pro Union folks have yet to spread misinformation to me but more the benefits of a union. If you feel there is misinformation then join the IBT board and post your problems so they can be answered correctly by the Organizing Committee.
I have to say after reading A.H. response about the CAB meeting I am not sure if FlexJet will respond correctly once again.
Far as those junior guys who want to jump ship for NetJets I ask you to please reconsider as there alot of FlexJet pilots who want to fight for better conditions and making this a career not a job.

NetJets Upgrade time.

I was wondering why people like to chase after things. I mean think about it, right now the upgrade at Netjets is about 4 years, so by the time someone gets on that just put in the resume might be another 6 months. So if you are an FO at another frac or regional, you will have been an FO and lower pay for lets say 5 to 6 years. But what is the upgrade time at your current gig. And if you were never a captian, any where before you will have probly been an FO for around 8 to 10 years. That is alot of SIC time.

Right now the upgrade time at at NetJets is 2 1/2 years. And, yes, that is a fact. However, given the rate of hiring, attrition, etc ... pilots are predicting that the upgrade time will be four to five years for those hired now. It is very difficult to predict though. Ecspecially since some things may adjust with the new TA.

All that said, it has been a few months since the company has offered any upgrades. Rumor is they were waiting for the TA to pass so the could get everyone on the 39 month equipment lock. So let see some upgrades!

Latest resources

Back