It's Official: Flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

doylehargraves

There will be no new bases opened and the raise announcement next month will be a joke at best.

It's Official: the union drive will gain an enormous amount of momentum with this great news from our D.O.

There will be no new bases opened and the raise announcement next month will be a joke at best.

It's Official: the union drive will gain an enormous amount of momentum with this great news from our D.O.

Good news: Netjets is hiring! Vote with your feet. Think about how much money you could have made while waiting for Flexjet to change...

I am just curious on this, but has ANYONE contacted DG or anyone else in management about our announcement that is supposed to happen in January? I am tempted to just call the man and ask, but want to know if that trail has already been blazed before I try.

By the way, my NJ application will be in this week along with EVERYONE else from my new hire class. Management, I pray you read this!!! Be prepared to sleep in the bed you make.

I agree, DG should have just handed out union cards and it would have saved a lot of time. A pay raise is nice, but it is FAR from the only thing that needs improvement. Many pilots will tell you that QOL is more important than pay. what good is money if you are dead thanks to the rolling rest, food poising, hooker infested hotels, sub-par medical benefits, and lack of decent bases to choose from?

I really like our company, our pilot group, our planes, and our product. Should I stay and make this my dream job thought the help of a union? or just bail out?

It sounds like we are not going to get the "total package," so I'm sure more people will be sending in their cards.

Maybe they are betting on the fact it will take folks for ever ever to get an interview over there :p

I also think J-Rod makes a good point. You never know how long a negotiating process like this could take. A lot of people leaving could expedite the process but those departing people wouldn't benefit. I guess you need to consider whether staying and slugging it out for an indeterminate time is worth the money you COULD HAVE MADE had you started with Netjets at the beginning of that time frame. It's called opportunity cost.

If you think Flexjet's ultimate deal (post negotiation) would be better than Netjet's current offering, then maybe you should stay and slug it out. I think senior pilots have more of a reason to stay than newly-hired Flex pilots unless retro pay was introduced. The limited domicile issue alone is enough to consider Netjets - Flex is way too restrictive with only 5 domiciles. Let's hope the Flex managers get their heads out of their a$$es and get moving...

What is your source??? I have heard nor seen anything from the company on bases or pay. Are you just spreading misinformation to push your cause??

read the BB!!!

Link to: Crew Advisory Board

Last edited:
I was wondering why people like to chase after things. I mean think about it, right now the upgrade at Netjets is about 4 years, so by the time someone gets on that just put in the resume might be another 6 months. So if you are an FO at another frac or regional, you will have been an FO and lower pay for lets say 5 to 6 years. But what is the upgrade time at your current gig. And if you were never a captian, any where before you will have probly been an FO for around 8 to 10 years. That is alot of SIC time.

Latest resources

Back