• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official: Flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
regarding upgrades at NJA. It's extremely difficult to predict the length. so many factors and the fractional business is constantly changing. I have a 'guess' for what it's worth. I've been at NJA for 8 years now so I think I have as good a handle on our operation as the next guy.

With the passage of the TA, NJA has bought labor peace for at least 4 years. If they 'buy' the extension then we have 7 years of peace, predictability and management/union cooperation. Under those conditions and the current market I think it's reasonable we hire 300-400 pilots a year. We crew our jets at 5.5/aircraft. I've heard from senior management we expect to net gain approx 50 aircraft in 2008.

when you add all that up, it seems to me there will be good movement within our fleets. my 'guess' is 3 years or less to upgrade.

of course it could end up being 6...........lol

I read the post on BB and it was very ambiguous. About the only definitive statement was that there is a good chance of ALT, ORD, and IAD as new bases. DS's email was about the same and the rumors run the gamut from a 20k pay raise to a 5% insult with everything in between. Should be interesting to see what is actual said in Jan.

There will be no new bases opened and the raise announcement next month will be a joke at best.

It's Official: the union drive will gain an enormous amount of momentum with this great news from our D.O.

Dude you are like a virus that infects everyone in the group with your negatives about this company!!!

If u think this is such bad place to work then GET THAT HELL OUT!!!
Almost every post I read about you is all negative.

Yes I want things to change here and YES my card was sent but with your post just discourage people to fight to fight for what we deserve.

Dude you are like a virus that infects everyone in the group with your negatives about this company!!!

Yes I want things to change here and YES my card was sent but with your post just discourage people to fight to fight for what we deserve.

So what is he really saying that is not true? Great that you sent in your card. Its a long road in front of you. Everything doylehargraves said is negative, fair enough, but negative and reality are probably the same. At FLOPS were knee deep in this fight and let me tell you about "Negative" attitudes. There is nothing positive about this company.
So your "Get the Hell out" statement, you need to rethink that. Doylehar... is a union supporter and everyperson that quits, means a new pilot, Fresh blood, that is just happy to be flying a jet. I remember hearing a new hire a few years ago at Simuflight saying "it will be a cold day in hell before he supports a union." This is what you will be up against with new hires.

Get ready for the the company to start playing all of the games, and you will end up being quite negative during the process.

Negative comments huh? Funny you would be tired of my "negative comments" but, are ok with all the minimal changes that come our way. The comments are negative because, there is nothing positive to say about what changes are coming. If there is, educate me, please, I'm begging you; otherwise, I'll give you some "positive" things to think about so you can sleep on your optimistic pillow tonight:

Fact: Rolling rest
Fact: Highest number of days worked per year
Fact: Highest insurance cost
Fact: No holiday pay
Fact: 2nd lowest paid
Fact: Attrition is high regardless of how management wants to justify it

Did I ever say that I thought this was a bad place to work? If so, let me know. I think it's worth fighting for. I don't like to run from problems, I like to fight and solve them. Maybe if I were more of a coward like you, I would just quit. I don't think quitting solves anything. Sorry for the personal attack but, the only way to get the word out is to focus on the negatives. Talking about how everything is positive at work wouldn't justify changing anything. All I'm trying to say is that the negatives are far greater than the positives. Is it all THAT bad? No. Can it be much better? YES.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Great job in November! We were on time 98.7%, and we only had to farm out 3.5% to charter, and customer satisfaction was through the ceiling. We rock! And we couldn't have done it without you guys! Yeah!

Take that, you union jerks! We don't need you and your negativity at Waterview. So there!

--Duane Giorgetti
Assistant Chief Cheerleader/Kool-Aid Dispenser

I'll give you a positive! Damn! I forgot what I was going to say.

Take that, you union jerks! We don't need you and your negativity at Waterview. So there!

--Duane Giorgetti
Assistant Chief Cheerleader/Kool-Aid Dispenser

I'd be careful putting someone else's name like that, especially during a union push. Knew of a past friend who did it on a board just like this and lawyers got envolved. $$$

Latest resources

Back