Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Its Official!!!DHL moving back to CVG....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

abxdx

I know its the worst kept secret in aviation. DHL made it official today.... ILN is officially a ghost town, the only thing missing is the tumbleweeds...

I know its the worst kept secret in aviation. DHL made it official today.... ILN is officially a ghost town, the only thing missing is the tumbleweeds...

You enjoyed that didn't you you sick $$uk. It pleases you to see peoples lives ruined.

Last edited:
uhhhhhhh....no I did not enjoy it at all. I just wanted to get the info out there to the people might want to know. In fact, I think it is a very sad day. I will be saying goodbye to seven of my co-workers in about two weeks and to countless others that I have met that work in the sort.

You enjoyed that didn't you you sick $$uk. It pleases you to see peoples lives ruined.

Source? It's past the bed time of Wilmington's sad excuse for a newspaper...

EDIT: Wilmington's hack of a newspaper is up late tonight!

http://www.wnewsj.com/main.asp?SectionID=49&SubSectionID=156&ArticleID=175980&TM=2236.962

[FONT=ARIAL BLACK, ARIAL, SANS SERIF]Source: DHL to return to N. Ky.[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]GARY HUFFENBERGER[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]Staff Writer[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]DHL Express has decided to move its U.S. hub operations for its international business to the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) in Kentucky.
The move is expected to be completed by mid- to late summer, according to a well-placed source who wished to remain anonymous late Thursday night. The announcement was made to DHL employees at the DHL Air Park Thursday night.
No announcement was made at the same time about which airline DHL will utilize as its air carrier at CVG, the source said.
People who will work as sorters at the CVG facility will be employed by DHL, said the source.
In late March, the Business Courier of Cincinnati reported the State of Kentucky had offered DHL nearly $2 million in tax incentives to relocate the company’s remaining operations out of Wilmington to CVG.
According to a project report released by the Kentucky Economic Development’s Finance Authority Board, relocation of DHL’s U.S.-based international express business would generate 187 full-time jobs and 646 part-time jobs, for a total of 833 positions in Kentucky.
Before DHL consolidated its primary U.S. hub operations at the expanded and upgraded Wilmington Air Park in fall 2005, it utilized CVG as its main sorting hub.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
The only thing I can speak to is ABX flying, which will be slightly reduced(by just a few acft I think). I would assume you guys will still be needed.

Anyone know how the move will affect the feeders like Ameriflight?

Latest resources

Back