• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official - CEL pilots get Airbus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have got to be kidding right? This whole SJS is the reason the industry is in such a sh!t slide down to the bottom. SA you say? Its your job to know where the heck you are in the sky at all times.... I guess the plane makers have made it so easy that junior with some baron time can jump in there, be baby sat for a year or two and then upgrade to get his magical 1000 pic turbine and then cry about how he's not getting an interview even though he/she is soooooo qualified.......

sorry for the rant, but dammmmmm it's guys with mentality like yours that think skybus and VA are a good place to be, because of the experience in a bus.......

I left an A320 after 4 years and went to Delta Express in the 737-200 and had the best time of my life. Actually fly an airplane again....wow....what a concept, have a scan again....wow.... what a concept. And for your information there was glass ALL OVER the cockpit of that 737-200..... what the heck do you think is covering that round dial? Liquid gold?....

So you flew a 707 eeehhhh? I would imagine that you would have proudly put that right next to your baron time if that were true..... or was that for your eagle interview:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Networ King,

Sounds like J-Rod was quoting someone else - he was mocking someone bragging about flying the dials in the 707. Next time you should re-read what he said before slamming him. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Wsurf,

You wouldn't care about flying a 737 because it would be a technological upgrade for you in the Dash 8. If you had some decent glass time maybe you would understand how some people actually appreciate the situational awareness benefits it affords you. You forget that most kids these days grow up with sophisticated simulators and computers - they are less adept at reading dials and therefore less comfortable. You can't blame JR - it is just his opinion.

Networ King,

Sounds like J-Rod was quoting someone else - he was mocking someone bragging about flying the dials in the 707. Next time you should re-read what he said before slamming him. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Wsurf,

You wouldn't care about flying a 737 because it would be a technological upgrade for you in the Dash 8. If you had some decent glass time maybe you would understand how some people actually appreciate the situational awareness benefits it affords you. You forget that most kids these days grow up with sophisticated simulators and computers - they are less adept at reading dials and therefore less comfortable. You can't blame JR - it is just his opinion.

Aahhh yes.....

Did reread it and I did take that the wrong way.... guess thats what happens at 8 am..... I did mean to slam you, but I was wrong about the 707 flying, I did mean to slam you about your SJS problem though, so..... there ;)..... nevertheless....the mentality of the new age is what gives the public the "bunch of monkeys just pushing buttons up there anyways" mentality. And ... I don't think its gonna get any better. Oh well... thank gaawwd for freight.

We now return you to your regular scheduled FI programming....... sorry for the thread hijacking....

Girls Girls Girls!

Please, and airplane is an airplane is an airplane.

You girls need to join a debate club, not argue on the internet.

Who are the CEL pilots please?

Bye Bye--General Lee

The Combined Eligibility List contains the names of pilots of the USAirways Group Wholly owned express commuters. This excludes the J4J pilots. This list was put together to allow for flow up to mainline during the J4J process.
Some pilots from Allegheney/Piedmont moved up to MidAtlantic on this list. These pilots were then placed on the USAirways seniority list when MDA was placed on the USAirways certificate.
When these CEL pilots were furloughed from MDA they were placed on the Affected Pilots List. The APL contains the names of all furloughed USAirways pilots.
The LOA creating the J4J protocol stated that any pilots moving up to MDA from the CEL were to return to their carriers if furloughed. However that never happened as stated above.
So these pilots have been labeled CEL Pilots to provide distinction from the furloughed pilots and current wholly owned express pilots.

Hope this clears things up a bit GL.f
RF

I'll take a steam Boeing or Douglas product any day over a french plastic jet. But to each his own, I guess.

Why don't you hold off on that opinion until you actually get some time in something other than a turboprop or barbie jet sparky...

The Combined Eligibility List contains the names of pilots of the USAirways Group Wholly owned express commuters. This excludes the J4J pilots. This list was put together to allow for flow up to mainline during the J4J process.
Some pilots from Allegheney/Piedmont moved up to MidAtlantic on this list. These pilots were then placed on the USAirways seniority list when MDA was placed on the USAirways certificate.
When these CEL pilots were furloughed from MDA they were placed on the Affected Pilots List. The APL contains the names of all furloughed USAirways pilots.
The LOA creating the J4J protocol stated that any pilots moving up to MDA from the CEL were to return to their carriers if furloughed. However that never happened as stated above.
So these pilots have been labeled CEL Pilots to provide distinction from the furloughed pilots and current wholly owned express pilots.

Hope this clears things up a bit GL.f
RF

Awesome, someone who provides information that is useful!

Thanks!

To prefer glass in an EMB vs. a steam 73 is like saying you'd prefer lipstick on a pig to a voluptuous, enthusiastic woman! Or maybe my memory is just clouding along with my sanity.

Anyhoo....

KF, did she say they were finished with the recalls for now? Hope all is well with you. BTW, I'd have upgraded at ASA recently had I stayed, but at least I can finally hold a decent FO line at Eagle! Doh! You goin' back to U?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back