• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official - CEL pilots get Airbus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How disappointing for that guy. He has had the luxury of flying a real nice, advanced glass cockpit in the E170 and now he has to return to a geriatric, dial-filled, poorly painted, beat-up 737. Sure, the pay is probably marginally better, but I am sure he will be missing those moving maps soon enough.....

Are you actually serious?

Are you actually serious?

Yes, I am dead serious. Maybe that's just me. You can't tell me that wouldn't be an initial shock to the system to go backwards in time. Leave the dials to the jaded, older guys who grew up with them ("I remember flying the 707 and I had a ball..."). I have thousands of hours in an ERJ - I appreciate glass and the situational benefits it provides and I would rather move forward than backwards. Those USAirways East 737s don't have EFIS (thank God they at least have rudimentary FMS) unlike the AWA 737-300 versions as far as I know. The East 737s are dinosaurs and I, personally, would not be thrilled if I had to fly one of those vs. an A320. But again, that is just me and you are probably different. Good for you.

I'll take a steam Boeing or Douglas product any day over a french plastic jet. But to each his own, I guess.

personally, would not be thrilled if I had to fly one of those vs. an A320. But again, that is just me and you are probably different. Good for you.

I'd fly the one with the bigger paycheck!!! Who really gives a shi$ what it is!!

In the end its not the Airbus or the Boeing paying your bills...... Its the Paycheck!!

Yes, I am dead serious. Maybe that's just me. You can't tell me that wouldn't be an initial shock to the system to go backwards in time. Leave the dials to the jaded, older guys who grew up with them ("I remember flying the 707 and I had a ball..."). I have thousands of hours in an ERJ - I appreciate glass and the situational benefits it provides and I would rather move forward than backwards. Those USAirways East 737s don't have EFIS (thank God they at least have rudimentary FMS) unlike the AWA 737-300 versions as far as I know. The East 737s are dinosaurs and I, personally, would not be thrilled if I had to fly one of those vs. an A320. But again, that is just me and you are probably different. Good for you.

Yes, it is just you. You've never flown a Boeing or a McD, that's why you think like that. I can almost guarantee you'll change your mind once you've flown one of them!

5000+ hrs of LRD "Little Round Dial" time and lovin' it!

You have got to be kidding right? This whole SJS is the reason the industry is in such a sh!t slide down to the bottom. SA you say? Its your job to know where the heck you are in the sky at all times.... I guess the plane makers have made it so easy that junior with some baron time can jump in there, be baby sat for a year or two and then upgrade to get his magical 1000 pic turbine and then cry about how he's not getting an interview even though he/she is soooooo qualified.......

sorry for the rant, but dammmmmm it's guys with mentality like yours that think skybus and VA are a good place to be, because of the experience in a bus.......

I left an A320 after 4 years and went to Delta Express in the 737-200 and had the best time of my life. Actually fly an airplane again....wow....what a concept, have a scan again....wow.... what a concept. And for your information there was glass ALL OVER the cockpit of that 737-200..... what the heck do you think is covering that round dial? Liquid gold?....

So you flew a 707 eeehhhh? I would imagine that you would have proudly put that right next to your baron time if that were true..... or was that for your eagle interview:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

I left an A320 after 4 years and went to Delta Express in the 737-200 and had the best time of my life. Actually fly an airplane again....wow....what a concept, have a scan again....wow.... what a concept.

I agree. I think the modern technology like you see on a 170 or 190 is creating a bunch of automation cripples. Give me an older airplane with steam gauges any day.

Best airplane I have ever flown is still the 707.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back