• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's official...ASA to operate UAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are giving them all control, the "C" is company needs and will be used liberally there, like it is here at SKYW. And oh it will be the leftover dregs that no one, even reserves want.
Got 2 of those beauties, 2 day trips at daily min pay tacked on to the end of 4 day trips, and I bid fairly high on my list.
PBS blows chunks, you will hate it, most of us do.
PBR

How well are you able to swap, drop, and/or pick up trips?

You are giving them all control, the "C" is company needs and will be used liberally there, like it is here at SKYW. And oh it will be the leftover dregs that no one, even reserves want.
Got 2 of those beauties, 2 day trips at daily min pay tacked on to the end of 4 day trips, and I bid fairly high on my list.
PBR

Speak for yourself, PBR. I love it. When I look back at why I get CNs or PNs, it's because I farked up. No one has EVER manually altered my bid award.

I don't know where your based, but if it's a small one, that's why it sucks. PBS works better with more lines below you. I'm in DEN, about 50% on the FO list it. It works great...worked great when I was 2 lines from reserve also.

You are programming an outcome within company-assigned parameters. That's it. It's not some evil conspiracy. If you don't like those 2-day trips, drop them into Sked+ or post them. Someone will take them.

Speak for yourself, PBR. I love it. When I look back at why I get CNs or PNs, it's because I farked up. No one has EVER manually altered my bid award.

I don't know where your based, but if it's a small one, that's why it sucks. PBS works better with more lines below you. I'm in DEN, about 50% on the FO list it. It works great...worked great when I was 2 lines from reserve also.

You are programming an outcome within company-assigned parameters. That's it. It's not some evil conspiracy. If you don't like those 2-day trips, drop them into Sked+ or post them. Someone will take them.

PBR is right on the money...PBS sucks, there is no transparency and the CN and PN pairings have had nothing to do with me "farking up"! Those forced pairings get shoved on my schedule whenever it's needed by the company to cover flying that no one wants! As far as dropping them goes, the last dozen times I tried the response has been "insufficient reserves", each and every time!!

PBR is right on the money...PBS sucks, there is no transparency and the CN and PN pairings have had nothing to do with me "farking up"! Those forced pairings get shoved on my schedule whenever it's needed by the company to cover flying that no one wants! As far as dropping them goes, the last dozen times I tried the response has been "insufficient reserves", each and every time!!

It's not because PBS sucks, it's because you guys have terrible workrules.

PBR

Yeah PBS is awesome. Here's what it did to me this month, and it's common with the bottom quarter of lineholders at SkyWest. I have a 2 day paring tacked on to a 4 day paring, all forced by the PBS optimizer... Yea, 6 days in row, oh joy!!! but I noticed it was only covering 5 days on the monthly line. What the...? So on closer examination of the parings the first one, a 2 day shows at 08:O5 am, 7 legs later finishes at 20:30. After a 12 hour duty day and a 9 hour overnight, shows at 04:40 on day two for one leg and a release at 06:20. Then later that same day (9 hours and 10 minutes to be exact) at 15:30 I show for a 4 day with the first day having 4 legs and a finish right about midnight. I've got more than 9 hours between trips so it's legal, and nothing I can do about it. Hopefully at ASA you can implement tighter controls and better oversight of PBS. At SkyWest we have no say. For us all we can do is hopefully drop things with Sked+ (doubtful with only 3 EMB CA reserves in LAX) or use personal leave (User/vacation) to fix things PBS forces on us.

PBS = Pilots Being Screwed

Last edited:
Yeah PBS is awesome. Here's what it did to me this month, and it's common with the bottom quarter of lineholders at SkyWest. I have a 2 day paring tacked on to a 4 day paring, all forced by the PBS optimizer... Yea, 6 days in row, oh joy!!! but I noticed it was only covering 5 days on the monthly line. What the...? So on closer examination of the parings the first one, a 2 day shows at 08:O5 am, 7 legs later finishes at 20:30. After a 12 hour duty day and a 9 hour overnight, shows at 04:40 on day two for one leg and a release at 06:20. Then later that same day (9 hours and 10 minutes to be exact) at 15:30 I show for a 4 day with the first day having 4 legs and a finish right about midnight. I've got more than 9 hours between trips so it's legal, and nothing I can do about it. Hopefully at ASA you can implement tighter controls and better oversight of PBS. At SkyWest we have no say. For us all we can do is hopefully drop things with Sked+ (doubtful with only 3 EMB CA reserves in LAX) or use personal leave (User/vacation) to fix things PBS forces on us.

Wouldn't it be nice for you guys if ASA were to get PBS. But not just any PBS. A negotiated PBS, with better work rules and not a "shoved down your throat", raw version of PBS. Then you could wrangle up that shiny new version and brand a Skywest logo on it. :):beer:

That's ridiculous MYF...believe I'd probably end up calling fatigue on that nonsense.

Hopefully at ASA you can implement tighter controls and better oversight of PBS. At SkyWest we have no say. For us all we can do is hopefully drop things with Sked+ (doubtful with only 3 EMB CA reserves in LAX) or use personal leave (User/vacation) to fix things PBS forces on us.

Hopefully? Why? so you guys can our coattails again and get what we have?

Wow,
50% on the F/O list, I guess that explains it all. Newsflash genius, I am in the top 20% of the company and have been here since before PBS was jammed into our taters. Did you go to college to figure out that more lines below yours helps. When the entire domicile is blocked at 90+ hours dropping anything is impossible, at 90+ hours, when everybody has 12 days off. When DEN gets jammed up, and it will, you will hate PBS, I was there during one of the big expansions and blocked more than 960HRS in one year. The schedulers couldn't figure a way off of a milk crate with instructions and a life coach. They use PBS to solve thir phukkups and we pay the price.
Check in when you have a little more experience(mid point on the DEN F/O list makes you a salty 3 year veteran)!
PBR
P.S. I have has KH review my bids and say"I don't know where that came from", as well as a buddy who is a PBS trainer, and he says my parameters are very reasonable at my percentile, and suggested tightening them up.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back