• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's official...ASA to operate UAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys missed the part where it said United was also going to allow SkyWest to look into 30 "large" turbojet aircraft to fly for the first time under the United banner.

I think that was only in chips ishare... not in the press release.

"plus gives SkyWest a last look provision on the first 30 large turboprops within the United portfolio"

"
SkyWest gains a significant extension to our current contract, further security of flying with our current fleet, and potential for future large turboprop growth with United."

Good news for you guys, finally. I hope this agreement expands in the future to get the furloughs back onboard.

So, one more step in the right direction. How about we start a conversation about merging before Inc. forces the issue?

Good news for you guys, finally. I hope this agreement expands in the future to get the furloughs back onboard.

So, one more step in the right direction. How about we start a conversation about merging before Inc. forces the issue?

why would INC merge?

SkyWest appears to have paid for the right to keep 40 UAX aircraft in operation for United for the rest of the lease periods.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong. SkyWest loaned the money to United at 11% interest. SkyWest could have kept their money in the bank, gaining interest, or they could have made this agreement to lend the money to United, gain interest, secure additional flying, and secure current flying with a longer contract. This wasn't a trade for shares like the Air Wisconsin/US Air deal, this was a business loan. SkyWest makes a great business move again!

Good investment if nothing else pans out: $52M in interest recevied by end-of-term--United's credit must be toiletized. Any those are large turboprops, not turbojets [fwiw]...

why would INC merge?

We are becomming more seamless all the time. I actually would like something of agreement between the pilot groups for the potential of a merge. If we do not merge, cool, but if we do it would be nice to have a merged seniority list in place.

They didn't say anything about bases, just that the flying will be concentrated around IAD and ORD. This means that we could have EITHER an ORD or an IAD base...or none..?

The FAQ mentions crew bases are in the works, but will be announced later when the city or cities are determined.

Latest resources

Back