• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's official...ASA to operate UAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not because PBS sucks, it's because you guys have terrible workrules.

Exactly. Why are you even trying to compare SKYW's PBS with ASA? That's worse than apples to oranges. No work rules, contract, union, AOS, etc. = crappy PBS. ASA is begging us for PBS and is actually paying ALPA to do all the research and negotiating. We hired the best software vendor and now we are learning from the CAL's and SKYW's of the industry so we don't have the same flaws in our PBS system. I'm staying optimistic.

Exactly. Why are you even trying to compare SKYW's PBS with ASA? That's worse than apples to oranges. No work rules, contract, union, AOS, etc. = crappy PBS. ASA is begging us for PBS and is actually paying ALPA to do all the research and negotiating. We hired the best software vendor and now we are learning from the CAL's and SKYW's of the industry so we don't have the same flaws in our PBS system. I'm staying optimistic.

Yeah, 'cause ALPA really gets it done.

You know CAL is ALPA, don't you?

UAL pilots, keep OO out of your jumps seats.

assuming this guy is a OO pilot, wishing ill luck to anyone now is just the wrong thing to do!

You got no appreciation for sarcasm!!!!

Emoticons are a sorry crutch for the ignorant!!

Socrates said that!!!

I am disappointed in the SKYW union vote.
You will be even more disappointed with PBS, Brad will find a way to cornhole you.
PBR

Wow,
50% on the F/O list, I guess that explains it all. Newsflash genius, I am in the top 20% of the company and have been here since before PBS was jammed into our taters. Did you go to college to figure out that more lines below yours helps. When the entire domicile is blocked at 90+ hours dropping anything is impossible, at 90+ hours, when everybody has 12 days off. When DEN gets jammed up, and it will, you will hate PBS, I was there during one of the big expansions and blocked more than 960HRS in one year. The schedulers couldn't figure a way off of a milk crate with instructions and a life coach. They use PBS to solve thir phukkups and we pay the price.
Check in when you have a little more experience(mid point on the DEN F/O list makes you a salty 3 year veteran)!
PBR
P.S. I have has KH review my bids and say"I don't know where that came from", as well as a buddy who is a PBS trainer, and he says my parameters are very reasonable at my percentile, and suggested tightening them up.

My point was PBS is good for a lot of people, me included...been here with the 99:45 every month, but we all had to endure that. Your blanket statement that it sucks and "everyone" hates it is a little over-the-top.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but neither are hard lines. I find PBS suits me better than hard lines. Thank you.

My point was PBS is good for a lot of people, me included...been here with the 99:45 every month, but we all had to endure that. Your blanket statement that it sucks and "everyone" hates it is a little over-the-top.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but neither are hard lines. I find PBS suits me better than hard lines. Thank you.

Based on when you seem to have been hired, it doesn't appear you were ever here for hard lines...so how would you really know?

Latest resources

Back