• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's official...ASA to operate UAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is a shortage coming. The economy and the age 65 rule just delayed it a little while. Many pilots retiring, and few pilots in training = shortage. It is just a matter of when.

well even if there is a shortage coming. that's a good thing for pilots not a bad thing. You can come back and we can talk about PBS when there is a shortage.

well even if there is a shortage coming. that's a good thing for pilots not a bad thing. You can come back and we can talk about PBS when there is a shortage.

PBS is a good thing too. Why are we still scheduling using old technology for bidding? ALPA made PBS sound bad for years, and now they are in favor, and digging out of the mess they created.

PBS is a good thing too. Why are we still scheduling using old technology for bidding? ALPA made PBS sound bad for years, and now they are in favor, and digging out of the mess they created.

I can't say why ALPA would flip flop on this issues. I do know that they work on votes so they will support the majority at the time. Even if it is detrimental to the future of the profession and thats been proven many times over. The funny thing is about 50% of the pilots say they want PBS because they don't like being integrated even though PBS is like having the whole month as integration.

What? Think about what you just wrote.

yup
integration = days that the company can assign trips that you did not bid on
PBS = the whole month they can assign trips that you may not like in order to make you more "efficient".

yes I know you get to request certain parameters but really you are giving them all of the control.

Its the system (PBS) sorting all the preferences that assigns the trips, not some "crew planners" deciding who gets what trip in whatever order they decide.
I don't know how long you have been here, but have you ever wanted to plan something for the first 3 days of the month? Can't. Its integration and you don't know if your working or not.

I didn't say that integration doesn't suck. I know it does. Why can't we negotiate a contract that has only a small percentage of lines have integration?

yup
integration = days that the company can assign trips that you did not bid on
PBS = the whole month they can assign trips that you may not like in order to make you more "efficient".

yes I know you get to request certain parameters but really you are giving them all of the control.
I DEMAND that all further conversations about PBS for ASA on this board be discussed with the information given in two scenarios. 1st being how what is being discussed will effect the top 30%. 2nd on how it will effect the bottom 30-40%. Because most of what people with good things to say about pbs is only how it will effect the top 30. OK continue.

Sorry guys but we've already had one pilot shortage, when you hire a lot of folks with 250 hours, it's a shortage. There was a pretty deep supply chain last time around (after the furloughs are back at some airline) the next time will be different because the training pipeline is dry. It may take a while, but we will be back to this when the economy comes out of this current cycle.

Latest resources

Back