Its October and NO recalls at AA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

100 c.i.

I thought recalls and big aircraft orders were suppose to happen at AA, but I guess that means Oct. 2009.

There will be no good news until the "current" contract is signed some time in the year 2008. After we yield massive "productivity" line items to the company in exchange for a 2% pay raise and a no-furlough clause, and further gut scope, the company will announce they are buying 4 B757's that are for sale from "Wild Bill's Desert Aircraft Salvage" in Elko, Nevada.

There will be no good news until the "current" contract is signed some time in the year 2008. After we yield massive "productivity" line items to the company in exchange for a 2% pay raise and a no-furlough clause, and further gut scope, the company will announce they are buying 4 B757's that are for sale from "Wild Bill's Desert Aircraft Salvage" in Elko, Nevada.

LOL.... don't forget the 150 EMB-195s for Eagle with options on 100 more.

Seriously, Gorilla's right. No recalls until the contract is signed, following AA's modus operandi over the years. In fact, the Co has been pretty vocal about parking another 150 aircraft over the space of two years. The numbers I've heard are one aircraft parked for every 13 retirements.

Once the contract is signed, we'll see a huge aircraft order and massive recalls.

It is only the 10th of October, so there is still plenty of time for the "big announcement". Knowing AMR, the big announcement will probably be that they are downsizing yet again and that there will be more furloughs starting in November.

Once the contract is signed, we'll see a huge aircraft order and massive recalls.

I just hope that they don't make a bunch of work rule changes that increase the number of block hours per pilot. Or switch to PBS, which reduces pilot needs by 5%. (Like my UAL 'brothers' still on property did in C2003).
If that happens, recalls will be delayed for quite a while. UAL got an additional 20-25% efficiency out of their pilots with those work rule changes.

I just hope that they don't make a bunch of work rule changes that increase the number of block hours per pilot. Or switch to PBS, which reduces pilot needs by 5%. (Like my UAL 'brothers' still on property did in C2003).
If that happens, recalls will be delayed for quite a while. UAL got an additional 20-25% efficiency out of their pilots with those work rule changes.

True, but immediately after UAL announced PBS, bang! Recalls. So even with the 25% efficiency, they started recalling.

BTW, I'm not a proponent of Pbs at all.

Recalls at United didn't start until Nov '04, and that was a total of 40, including mil leave recalls. There a few classes in '05 that started in Mar.

And don't forget all of the early retirements prior to losing the pension.
We had about 10,500 pilots on the seniority list pre-911. We're now at less than 8500, including all furloughees - less than 7000 active pilots.

PBS rocks. If you've never had it, you wouldn't understand. Better lines for everyone. Less open time = less reserves = more line holders. The added efficiency will help to give you an opportunity for profitibility which is the best chance you have to grow and recall pilots.

Good luck.

PBS rocks. If you've never had it, you wouldn't understand. Better lines for everyone. Less open time = less reserves = more line holders. The added efficiency will help to give you an opportunity for profitibility which is the best chance you have to grow and recall pilots.

Good luck.
It won't rock under the hand of AMR. I have heard the good things about PBS from may TWA pilots, however AA will not use those metrics in THEIR programming. Just take a look at our NEGOTIATED TTOT.

AA

Andy,

Thanks for the other information you sent me. Do you have any info on PBS, letters from UAL ALPA or individual pilots experiencing what UAL management has done with PBS? I would like to put them on our unions message board to give them an idea of what to really expect if we go down that path.

Thanks

AA

Latest resources

Back