Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's like AT ALPA is trying to burn their undeserved lottery ticket...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Both of your arguements make no sense. Gary bought out a competitor with minimal outlay, and picked up ATL, DCA, and more LGA slots in the meantime. Things that happen when one coporation buys another...they get the stuff. This has absolutely nothing to do with the labor, on either side.

I'm glad in your second statement you agree to the huge pay dispairity between AAI and SW...NOW. This has nothing to do with a history lesson, but more to do with contract differences on Sept. 27th. Like night and day.

Recent arbitration doesn't seem to care about pay differences. I think you should just roll the dice and see how arbitration turns out for you. You seem pretty confident in the end result.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So why exactly do I have to take a 30% hit in relative seniority and not be able to upgrade on the airframes we brought over when 2600 SWA FO's will upgrade before me?I'm a fairly senior AT FO,in fact 75 numbers from upgrade.I've been in the game 20 years,on my 5th airline,and with no growth will probably never upgrade before I retire.Personally,at this stage of the game,I don't care about the seat;I've been there before.I know SWA is a great airline and I'll be proud to be a part of the team but I really don't understand why any SW FO would be angry.

All the gains are stacked on the AAI side, every single one of them. Career expectations and 'fair and equitable' cut both ways. Thanks for asking.

RF

So why exactly do I have to take a 30% hit in relative seniority and not be able to upgrade on the airframes we brought over when 2600 SWA FO's will upgrade before me?I'm a fairly senior AT FO,in fact 75 numbers from upgrade.I've been in the game 20 years,on my 5th airline,and with no growth will probably never upgrade before I retire.Personally,at this stage of the game,I don't care about the seat;I've been there before.I know SWA is a great airline and I'll be proud to be a part of the team but I really don't understand why any SW FO would be angry.

Because you are getting AAI Captain rates by coming over to the SWAPA contract...plus an additional 10hr more on top of that, and not have to pay out the arse for health care. But I guess that doesn't count for much.

All the gains are stacked on the AAI side, every single one of them. Career expectations and 'fair and equitable' cut both ways. Thanks for asking.

RF
Thanks for the response RF.Are you a CA or FO?How do these gains affect you personally?Is my 30% hit not enough for you?

Because you are getting AAI Captain rates by coming over to the SWAPA contract...plus an additional 10hr more on top of that, and not have to pay out the arse for health care. But I guess that doesn't count for much.
With all due respect,it counts for alot.I just don't understand the justification for such a big hit in relative seniority as compared to recent mergers.I would like to hear the justification from the AAI MC as well.I don't understand why any SW FO would be unhappy with the proposal.

I've been there before.I know SWA is a great airline and I'll be proud to be a part of the team but I really don't understand why any SW FO would be angry.

They're not-it's called negotiating in public. Do what it takes to get AT doods to vote yes in an effort to avoid Arby's.

I get a single digit gain. The facts are that with a pilot group the size of 6000 vs 1700, the whole thing doesn't move the system seniority that much for the SW pilots. That is not meant as a slight, or even a complaint, just the mathematics.

Whatever seniority hit you take is unfortunate, but it's the reality of a smaller carrier being bought buy one that's 3.5 times the size. That's a massive difference just in company size only.

These two companies are so different on so many metrics (size, contracts, bases, even the 717). The only good fit is the 737, and very little overlap on routes. And the slots that the SW corporation gets..

I would say the arbitor will most likely look at this ISL, maybe tweek it a little and toss it on the table. And for those that say they aren't supposed to know what's going on here, I would bet you they've already seen it. I know that they have already been very interested in what it looked like.

RF

Latest resources

Back