• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Final: Avantair to Be Liquidated - AIN Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seems like just yesterday, glASSpilot was telling me how much my job at a regional sucks, belittling airline pilots, calling us insulting names and spouting off about how his job at Avantair was so much better. I feel sorry for you guys that lost your job... except for him.

It will be interesting to see were Gl-Ass-Pilot ends up with that FU<KED UP violation & incident filled flying record of his...

Last edited:
Oh it wasn't that bad. There were a few for sure; but mostly a kick-ass pilot group that I would be happy to fly with at any airline.

Well a respectable 135 or 121 gig then. lol By the way we have had a number of pilots go on to Spirit (The place to be right now), jetBlue, United, VA, Southwest and a few others from Avantair. Most of these pilots had other prior experience of course (military, P121), but Avantair was their last flying job before moving onto a better place. I wish them all the best on the next chapter of their life.

Well a respectable 135 or 121 gig then. lol By the way we have had a number of pilots go on to Spirit (The place to be right now), jetBlue, United, VA, Southwest and a few others from Avantair. Most of these pilots had other prior experience of course (military, P121), but Avantair was their last flying job before moving onto a better place. I wish them all the best on the next chapter of their life.

I flew there 8 years ago. I remember flying with an abundance of people that lacked social skills/flying skills. Maybe it has changed since then. I think they went thru a phase where they hired anyone that showed up. Don't get me wrong I met some great people there as well, but I was shocked by the group as a whole.

Avantair had it's 10% like anywhere else, but was was mostly a fantastic group of guys (and gals). You can add US Airways, Atlas, and Hawaiian to the list of companies that have hired former piaggio drivers. Plus those getting into a part 91 Global Express, C750, Pilatus, TMC, Wheels Up, and numerous Citations.

avantair had it's 10% like anywhere else, but was was mostly a fantastic group of guys (and gals). You can add us airways, atlas, and hawaiian to the list of companies that have hired former piaggio drivers. Plus those getting into a part 91 global express, c750, pilatus, tmc, wheels up, and numerous citations.

30% ....

Latest resources

Back