It's Final: Avantair to Be Liquidated - AIN Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

Sad day for all of the pilots (and their families) involved. Sounds like Wheels Up (new King Air 350 operator) will be ramping up shortly as a potential employment alternative. The regionals, low-costs and legacies should also be hiring quite a bit. Good luck to all involved!

See below:

Avantair To Be Liquidated, Trustee Tracking Down Assets
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Clearwater Fla.-based Avantair’s assets will be sold off and the company liquidated after it failed to meet a deadline last week to contest an involuntary Chapter 7 filing in the Florida Middle District U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Tampa. Judge Catherine McEwen signed an order on Friday converting the case to full Chapter 7 status and gave former fractional provider Avantair until this Friday to provide the court with a list of creditors, co-debtors and unexpired leases. The court has also given Avantair’s creditors until December 18 to file a claim. Avantair bankruptcy trustee Beth Ann Scharrer asked the court to authorize the examination of Avantair CEO Steven Santo, CFO Bret Holmes, president David Haslett, associate general counsel Tom Palmiero, executive vice president Kevin McKamey and executive vice president of finance and operations Stephen Wagman “to obtain any and all documents in [their] possession related to the assets, liabilities and business operations of [Avantair].” This includes emails, written documents, phone records, personal bank records and individual tax returns, to name just a few. Scharrer has also subpoenaed Wells Fargo for Avantair’s bank records. Meanwhile, the FAA has suspended the airworthiness certificates of much of the Avantair Piaggio Avanti fleet–some via emergency orders, the remainder under non-emergency orders–because the FAA “Administrator has determined that there are reasonable bases for questioning the airworthiness of the aircraft.” In a sample inspection, the FAA found that four Avantair-operated Avantis had long lists of discrepancies (one alone had 83), while nine others were missing “major components,” such as an engine or engines.[/FONT]
http://www.cfmediaview.com/lp1.aspx?v=8_73932821_2392_9

Dime was talking about the B19 Post.....not that AA was shut down Newkem. But your post smells like your wishing bad things for others? Be mad at your top crooks...not other frac pilots.

AA crooks killed that company, not the Union, not the economic state of our country. Nothing but the top brass.

Mergers are coming IMHO and i hope its for the Planes, pilots and market share. FLOPS buys CA or Flex....something like that, but we wont know until the FLOPS tells the Union. They have to inform the Union 30 days before any merger that involves merging senority lists. Other than that we all will be the last to know.

A sad, sad ending to what could have been a solid, niche-market operation.

Best of luck to all Avatair employees. Things actually are getting better in this stoopid little industry of ours. Keep plugging.

And I hear the King Air 350i is a nice plane....

I can't tell you how many conversations that I had with Owners who couldn't figure out why things were failing. They couldn't figure it out. I couldn't figure it out.

"Where's all the money going?" I heard, over and over. "You've got a FANTASTIC product! Why isn't this working" I heard, time and time again.

You'd better bet that we're going to find out a LOT of things over the next couple of months as the authorities get deeper into their investigation.

Thanks to everyone for their well-wishes. They're appreciated. I am going to really miss working with the guys/ladies at Avantair. Looks like it's back to the Regionals for me.

I can't tell you how many conversations that I had with Owners who couldn't figure out why things were failing. They couldn't figure it out. I couldn't figure it out.

"Where's all the money going?" I heard, over and over. "You've got a FANTASTIC product! Why isn't this working" I heard, time and time again.

You'd better bet that we're going to find out a LOT of things over the next couple of months as the authorities get deeper into their investigation.

Thanks to everyone for their well-wishes. They're appreciated. I am going to really miss working with the guys/ladies at Avantair. Looks like it's back to the Regionals for me.

Of course it was a fantastic product, especially at the prices they were charging. If they charged what it really cost to profitably run the operation, the would have had many fewer customers.

Of course it was a fantastic product, especially at the prices they were charging. If they charged what it really cost to profitably run the operation, the would have had many fewer customers.

I agree with you there.... same goes for XOJET

They are (were) flying unprofitably to grab market share, I assume the plan is to raise their prices once they have a customer base large enough to sustain the business....

That's a good plan but how long can you keep the fire going with so little oxygen???

Latest resources

Back