• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Italian court bans Emirates from flying Milan-JFK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With Hainan Airlines advertising a commuting contract at $336,000 p.a. net of taxes for skippers

ps Bill -what happened to GL.

I call Bullsh#t on that one. I personally know a guy who was offered a job with Hainan on the Boeing. He was offered 17k/month plus some small bonuses and he is a senior training captain. That's a far cry from the 28k/month (net of taxes!!!) you are claiming. Do you have a link to these conditions?

I call Bullsh#t on that one. I personally know a guy who was offered a job with Hainan on the Boeing. He was offered 17k/month plus some small bonuses and he is a senior training captain. That's a far cry from the 28k/month (net of taxes!!!) you are claiming. Do you have a link to these conditions?

Sure do...on only the most popular expat job website in the world..and .on the very first page.

A little trigger happy today ?

Don't shoot the messenger

http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/14...experienced-f-os/?LinkSource=SponsoredKeyword

fv

Last edited:
With new hire upgrades looking at 7-9 years every young American FO I've flown with would take DAL in a heartbeat.

take delta ?

ha that was funny.... after bashing delta for years now they want a job

unless they are furlough delta or pool delta i highly doubt it

Once again...you missed the point...sigh

fv

They are not on equal footing, and the US carriers will probably never be able to offer the level of service based on the labor laws here. If we could hire 20 something year old flight attendants and fire them at age 40 don't you think they would to increase customer service? They can't and never will....

For the life of me I can't comprehend as to how people relate the level of service with the age of the C/A's ??? If you look at the world ranking and the airlines that do well year after year, you will find that airlines from countries that have even stricter labor laws than in the US are on that list, companies like Lufthansa, Swiss Air, ANA, JAL have a very senior C/A group and very strict labor laws but they do very well service wise.......! The age of the C/A's and everything else is just an excuse to justify that the best performing airline in the US just cracked the top 50 and has 3 stars awarded by SKYTRAX......! There is no excuse, that is just pathetic!

For the life of me I can't comprehend as to how people relate the level of service with the age of the C/A's ??? If you look at the world ranking and the airlines that do well year after year, you will find that airlines from countries that have even stricter labor laws than in the US are on that list, companies like Lufthansa, Swiss Air, ANA, JAL have a very senior C/A group and very strict labor laws but they do very well service wise.......! The age of the C/A's and everything else is just an excuse to justify that the best performing airline in the US just cracked the top 50 and has 3 stars awarded by SKYTRAX......! There is no excuse, that is just pathetic![/QUOTE
Well said..:beer:

My bad?I was cranky that day..Looks like a good package! Heading in the right direction. Hopefully EK gets the memo and we don't get another 0.5% raise!

Lol, no worries brother...let's put it down to fatigue ; >

Yep, certainly the contract will draw some away from KAL & CSA etc...who will have to respond.

fv

I don't care how nice or free the housing is...it's in Dubai. Couldn't pay me enough to live there.

Agreed. But the whole point of my post was to illustrate that if that same pay and housing allowance were given to a USA base it would benefit all pilots.

Latest resources

Back