• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Italian court bans Emirates from flying Milan-JFK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with Labbats. Us carriers have had their opportunity to fix their problems and be competitive in a global market but instead they enjoyed their cheap labor and didn't put anything back into the company only management's wallets. I would welcome the ability to work for that pay and live in the US. There is no reason a US carrier could not pay the same or at least close but that would take away from the millions in bonuses for corporate.
It would suck for someone to lose their job because of competition but it might also add better paying jobs for the rest of us.

Any of you cheerleaders realize those carriers have no seniority list, no right to form a union, no work rules you can stand behind?

Be careful what you wish for

Sure, but they still can hire street Captains....

Let's be honest....not good if you are an f/o.....seniority list or not.

The airline hobby will prove more troublesome than horses, falconry or supercars. Easy come, easy go.

Really what it comes down to with emirates and the us carriers is the level of service. Our jobs as pilots is the same whether it's an A380 over the pond or a 73 out of ewr. In addition emirates operates as a government backed operation. They are not on equal footing, and the US carriers will probably never be able to offer the level of service based on the labor laws here. If we could hire 20 something year old flight attendants and fire them at age 40 don't you think they would to increase customer service? They can't and never will....

Sure, but they still can hire street Captains....

Let's be honest....not good if you are an f/o.....seniority list or not.

Completely agree. In fact our treatment, on a petty level, is at an all time low and is causing many to leave or - stay frustrated and plan on leaving once kids go to college.

BUT, there are two buckets...and the chit bucket hasn't got heavier than the other one - yet.

With Hainan Airlines advertising a commuting contract at $336,000 p.a. net of taxes for skippers (yes the irony of being a DEC is not lost on me)...and all the predictions of the shortage of heavy LHS pilots in Asia, one can only hope the pendulum will shift and our micro managers will address us more professionally.

A lot of insight will be gained in the next month as our annual salary review and bonus announcement is due. Money erases a lot of frustrations. So stand by for update

With new hire upgrades looking at 7-9 years every young American FO I've flown with would take DAL in a heartbeat.

After all - the quick upgrade is the primary reason we all came here.

fv

ps Bill -what happened to GL.

Last edited:
With new hire upgrades looking at 7-9 years every young American FO I've flown with would take DAL in a heartbeat.

take delta ?

ha that was funny.... after bashing delta for years now they want a job

unless they are furlough delta or pool delta i highly doubt it

Oh no, the dreaded 7-9 year upgrade into a B777 or an A380. We have RJ FOs here whoe are 7-9 years with no upgrade in sight.

Latest resources

Back